Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
DANGURO5
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently have two 10's in the back of my D behind the third row( i know thats nothing but still want to be able to haul stuff around being that im still in college) but am looking to upgrade the subs and the amp. i was looking at the rockford P310D2, are these good, and a amp to match them. also was wondering if there was any boxes that could hold 2 12's behind the third row cause that was my initial idea. whats the difference between a bandpass box and a regular box cause found a bandpass for my 2 10's and was wondering if it would better the bass or not. i also have my amp stored in the in floor compartment and i've notice that it gets warm in the compartment, is this a bad place for the amp?

·
DANGURO5
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the speedy reply. you seem to be the one to come to when it deals with audio concerns, see your replies a lot. is it bad that i have my amp stored in the in floor compartment? also i was looking at some audiobahn alum subs. are they better than rockford subs (particularly the P3 series). what is the most power an amp can pull before i have to upgrade the altenator, looking to get a yellow top batter soon.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Unless you're runnin some major power you're gonna be fine stock electrical, and havin a yellow top will be even better. If you're goin w/ the P3 series I'm gonna assume you're gonna be running 1KW or less. You won't need an alt.

I'm runnin 5KW rms on stock alt so you should be able to get away w/ 1KW and a yellow top.

·
DANGURO5
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Decided on some subs

I think that im gonna go with some audiobahn alum12Q subs and i was wondering what would be a good amp to pair with the subs. also i have my current amp stored in the in floor compartment in the back of my D, is this a bad idea?

·
Registered
402 Posts
The only problem would be with it over heating. If you ever get home after running it for a while, go back and pop open the compartment. If the amp is hot, then you should reconsider the location of it. If an amp get hot all of the time, then it tends to reduse the life of the amplifier as well as cut down on the efficiency of it. I agree, you should be fine running stock electrical. If you are planning on getting ALUM12Qs, mind me asking where from? I suggest you go here:
http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/Catalog Page.asp?Product+#=alum12q
Only 99.99 each and everything is brand new with a year warranty (I am a little biased, I am a co-founder of the company). But never the less, we have the cheapest prices. PM me with any concerns.
Also, what amp are you running? I do think that these are better than the RF subs. As for an amp to go with those, i would go with one of these:

http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/Catalog Page.asp?Product+#=A3201Q (picture is only a demonstration of the style of the amp, not its actual size)
http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/Catalog Page.asp?Product+#=A2150HCQ
http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/Catalog Page.asp?Product+#=A2200HCQ

or you could bridge them together and run this amp:

http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/Catalog Page.asp?Product+#=A12001DQ

Personally, i would go with the A2150HCQ.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I know its kind of off topic, but I was just checkin out your site 98 and it's pretty sweet, congrats on the business.

Keep us updated when you get the subs DaMak5 :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
JohnnyKo12 said:
I know its kind of off topic, but I was just checkin out your site 98 and it's pretty sweet, congrats on the business.

Keep us updated when you get the subs DaMak5 :)
Thanks, we opened her up about 5 years ago as something on the side. It now employees myself, my father and both of my brothers full time. We also have a couple of part timers. So, business is well. We sell mainly lower end stuff, but we have some upper end items. But almost anything is better than stock and that is what the average consumer wants. We are currently in the middle fo a completely new design for the site. it should be fully functional by the end of this year... many new features.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
So what does it take to get sponsored? ;)

Didn't you guys originally only have a couple of brand names (around 10 I think)? I remember the website, but it was different when I saw it a couple of years ago.

·
DANGURO5
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
You got me

Looks like you will be gettin my business 98 :). thanks for all your advice thus far with my system, its been real helpful. those audiobahns are 1000w RMS right? are the audiobahn AW1206Q subs better? would an amp that pushes closer to 1000w per channel be better? what would be the benefit of getting the A2150HCQ amp instead of the others, i thought (bear in mind im still learning) using the one the one that you said to bridge would supply better power to the subs?. with my current system (two sony P5 10's and a directed audio 300/2 amp) i hear a lil distortion in the bass at times, could this be due to the amp not being able to supply enough power to the subs or is it just the subs? also how the hell do i get rid of the annoying rattling that can be heard outside the car coming from the tailgate?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Bigguy18LSU77 said:
So what does it take to get sponsored? ;)

Didn't you guys originally only have a couple of brand names (around 10 I think)? I remember the website, but it was different when I saw it a couple of years ago.
No, we have always had many different brands. You might have caught it when we were in the process of completely updating our system. We do that about once a year and only the items that we know will still be current are online for about a week. That gives us time to add new product and what not. And sorry, but we do not sponsor. Hell, i don't even get anything for free! However, we do cut some good deals on orders over $1000.

·
Registered
402 Posts
DaMAK5 said:
Looks like you will be gettin my business 98 :). thanks for all your advice thus far with my system, its been real helpful. those audiobahns are 1000w RMS right? are the audiobahn AW1206Q subs better? would an amp that pushes closer to 1000w per channel be better? what would be the benefit of getting the A2150HCQ amp instead of the others, i thought (bear in mind im still learning) using the one the one that you said to bridge would supply better power to the subs?. with my current system (two sony P5 10's and a directed audio 300/2 amp) i hear a lil distortion in the bass at times, could this be due to the amp not being able to supply enough power to the subs or is it just the subs? also how the hell do i get rid of the annoying rattling that can be heard outside the car coming from the tailgate?
I definately like the ALUM series better than the 06 series. You pay the extra money for the show on the 06. The ALUM sounds so much better! I like the A2150 better than the other because i was trying to save you some money. I had a buddy run 3 ALUM12Q off that amp and it sounded good. If you wanted it to match up better than go with this:

http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/Catalog Page.asp?Product+#=A2300HCQ

Distortion usually comes with underpowering the subs. If you try to push an amplifier too much, the sound will be distorted. If money is not an issue, get the A2300. Bridging the amp gives you better power, but you can do that with a 2 channel amplifier as well using the left positive and the right negative output. I actually suggest a third sub because these things like being ran in threes since they are dual 6 ohm subs. I used to run three ALUM15Qs myself and loved it! As for the rattle, good luck! I used Dynamat Xtreme and it did not help at all!

Attachments

·
DANGURO5
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
God Damn You Are The Best

THANK YOU, THANK YOU :D . dont think i can say that enough. soon you gonna start charging for your advice ;-). if i run just 2 of the alum12q would that be ok with the original amp you suggested? i still wanna have the subs located behind the third row for security reasons and space issues, so im gonna measure the space behind the third row but off the top of you head do you carry any boxes you think will fit back there? how long does it normally take between payment and delivery of your goods? also when switching out my amp should i just use the original wiring that was there and swap the amps or go for a fresh install? more than likely gonna end up attaching the amp to the box since you say puttin it in the storage compartment could cause it to overheat unless the amp you suggested has a fan on it. nice set up with the 3 15's that must have sounded CRAZY. when im done with school i will definately look for a setup like that.

·
Registered
402 Posts
DaMAK5 said:
THANK YOU, THANK YOU :D . dont think i can say that enough. soon you gonna start charging for your advice ;-). if i run just 2 of the alum12q would that be ok with the original amp you suggested? i still wanna have the subs located behind the third row for security reasons and space issues, so im gonna measure the space behind the third row but off the top of you head do you carry any boxes you think will fit back there? how long does it normally take between payment and delivery of your goods? also when switching out my amp should i just use the original wiring that was there and swap the amps or go for a fresh install? more than likely gonna end up attaching the amp to the box since you say puttin it in the storage compartment could cause it to overheat unless the amp you suggested has a fan on it. nice set up with the 3 15's that must have sounded CRAZY. when im done with school i will definately look for a setup like that.
Yes, the origional amp ans 2 subs will work great. The amp does have a fan, but it needs to breathe. You will want to use 4 gauge wire to hook it up. Delivery time depends on where you live, but it is usually 2-5 business days. The only one that we have that might fit would be the one previuosly mentioned. My old setup was pretty loud.. i felt bad getting rid of it, but my buddies Monte Carlo is the current home for them. That sure was fun designing boxes to get everything to fit.

·
DANGURO5
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally got those dimensions

I know it took long enought but i finally got those dimensions for the space behind my seat :woot: .
44" W x 18" H x 19" D(bottom) x 14" D(top) so if anyone has any suggestions on a good box i would appreciate that.
Im still gonna want some space on the side of the box to place the amp or if anyone has any suggestions on another location for the amp those are welcome as well.

·
Registered
667 Posts
hmmmmmmm, aight. I was lookin on the A-bahn site and they recommend those AlumQ's you were thinkin about for small sealed boxes. And w/ havin 7 cubes to work with, I'd do like 3 of the 12s sealed and the A-bahn 2000*1 @ 1 ohm.

Unless 98Black has had good luck runnin em ported, he seems to be an A-bahn guy, but I've never heard those A-bahn's ported. But if you wanna do sealed like they say to, the 3 should crank off the big boy amp.

·
DANGURO5
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What do you think?

I was considering getting this box
http://cardiscountstereos.com/Catalog Page.asp?Product+#=SUV212E
to put the subs in. I would get 3 subs but thats not in the budget right now since i still gotta find an amp to go with it (any suggestions on an amp?) and buy the box (any suggestions on a box are welcome too). I will be posting pics of my truck (DANGURO5) this weekend since thats long over due as long the :chug: doesnt interfere with me getting around to it. thanks to all for your suggestions thus far

1 - 20 of 44 Posts