Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just trying to learn a bit about my truck. recently purchased a 00 Dakota CC RT and the tires it came with are BFG traction 225/55/r17 on the stock wheels. First of all the tires seem really small for the truck but that IS the size on the inside if the door so I'm assuming its the proper size. What are the wheels? 17x8, 17x9? I don't mind the look of the front but what about changing out the back to a wheel that is 10 wide? With the size of the wheel well and the amount the fender flares come out, the back tire looks like a golf cart tire on there. Was hoping for some ideas on what others have to done to their truck......just don't tell me to go buy a set of dubs, i know thats an option, I just want it to be my last. Thank you anyone with some input.

Jeremy

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What is the fattest tire you can fit on the stock RT wheel? I was thinking of going with 275/55 but want bigger if I can.

·
Registered
402 Posts
BIGBADWORM said:
What is the fattest tire you can fit on the stock RT wheel? I was thinking of going with 275/55 but want bigger if I can.
I run 285/50 on my durango. They are on 20s (20x8.5) but i don't think that matters too much.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm running a 275/60 on my factory 15in wheel.... i think it gives the truck the best 'stance' it can have still using those little factory wheels. IMO

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The stock r/t rims are 17x9 and have 255/55-17 tires.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eventually Im gonna lower it......but for now im going to enjoy owning an RT and not get too outta hand on modding right now. I just wanna put the widest tire on the RT rims for now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts