Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where to put this...

I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota, 4.7 V8. When I'm (ahem) driving it (normally...hehehe), I get to about 90mph or so and the engine cuts off. The electrical system stays on, but it won't gain speed.

Any suggestions on how to remove whatever it is that is preventing me from gaining any more speed?

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Smoke20 said:
Not sure where to put this...

I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota, 4.7 V8. When I'm (ahem) driving it (normally...hehehe), I get to about 90mph or so and the engine cuts off. The electrical system stays on, but it won't gain speed.

Any suggestions on how to remove whatever it is that is preventing me from gaining any more speed?
The OEM top speed limiter is set at about 97mph. In order to remove this you need to flash the PCM with an aftermarket program. I believe the Hypertech and Superchips flashes will increase this parameter, or else you can go with a full custom flash from places like B&G or Tom Fox.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where can I get this stuff and about how much does it cost?

and thanks for the quick reply! this has been bugging me for ages...I just got my *ss handed to me by a freaking buick cause I couldn't stay on the throttle cause the truck cuts off. Freaked the wife out though!

·
July Truck of the Month
572 Posts
Superchips tuner is a good way to go to turn off the speed limiter. Adds more HP and lets you adjust and diagnose your durango :biggthump
Look it up in the parts information section of this site

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.