Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope I'm not asking a question thats been beat around too much but I just bought a 2000 CC RT and I was wondering about the stock system. Are the Inifinity speakers a real componet system and if not would it be worth it to keep the tweaters and change out the other 4 speakers in the truck? Also can somoene tell me why they suck? I have Infinity in my other car (not stock) 5x7 run only by an Alpine and they sound great. Im not great with stereos, just know I like a decent sound and if I can get some advice Id appreciate it.........

In my ZX3 I have Alpine CDA-9807 MP3, 4 5x7 Infinity, 8" Bazooka tube powered by an Alpine amp.....I love the sound and want the same sound in the truck.

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
even thought the speaker are infinity, there are different quality of speakers in the same company...dodge trying to save money gave us these...they are not real component speakers, the tweeter just has a resistor or something on it to cancel the lower frequencies...what HU you got in your truck...mine sounded good to me after i changed the HU, but i blew them and went crazy and added new speakers...much better...night and day.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive got the stock HU in the truck and I wanna yip it for an Alpine, I have the CDA-9807 in my other car and love it. I was wondering if I just added a HU, amp, and a sub if it would sound a hell of a lot better or if I'm gonna have to yip the speakers out also.

·
Registered
402 Posts
BIGBADWORM said:
Ive got the stock HU in the truck and I wanna yip it for an Alpine, I have the CDA-9807 in my other car and love it. I was wondering if I just added a HU, amp, and a sub if it would sound a hell of a lot better or if I'm gonna have to yip the speakers out also.
I am happy with mine and that is what i did.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right on, thank you.......that's what I was hoping to hear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts