Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 00 durango slt. The front grill of mine is painted the body's color. I've seen that the newer ones have the front grill being chrome.

Question is do I keep the body color or get the chrome? Right now I have it with the chrome flame inserts.

Thanks,

Jason

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's my 2 cents... I personally think the chrome grills look the best with the chrome bumper... but it only looks good that way if the lower bumper valance is painted the same color as the truck. Not just the plain plastic look. Now if you are going to do your whole front in the same color as the truck that is cool as well ( i.e. the matching paint scheme of the sport and R/Ts). I think the stock SLT look is bad with the chrome trim but the plastic valances - I think chrysler coulda did a better job and painted the lower valances. Here in a month or two I am going to buy a front lower valance and a rear bumper valance and paint them to match the truck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Huh, I thought all the SLT's had that crappy plastic. But alas I was wrong. Course its probably my luck thats all they have in this region or they only did it my year to piss me off. The dealers here are good about that.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,752 Posts
I have a '03 D SLT, its bumpers are painted the same color as the truck (contrary to my avitar).

I, personally, don't like the crome. I would have prefered it the same color as the truck. Or even better... I would like a grill like the new RAM's I've seen floating around town, where the outer edge of the grill is painted, and the inner cross is crome. Now that would look cool on a Dak or D...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe its only my truck that doesn't have the painted to match bumper... one of the guys at work bought a truck almost identical to mine but an '03 and his is painted. Well that sux.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
have you thought about putting in the chrome street scence grill inserts????? I bought the satin finish and love the look. just my $0.02

1 - 8 of 8 Posts