Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Broke with a dream.
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not quite sure how to search what i'm looking to answer but

- if i get a 4 ch amp, does it really matter the "quality" or rms rating of the head unit?

i don't see why it would, but there's a JVC deck on crutchfield that intrigues me enough I may get it ... the aftermarket option one, http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KDS100/JVC-KD-S100.html?tp=5684

not really familiar with JVC but the talk sounds good, dunno about the performance so I Was hoping someone can chime in on that.

so far my thinking is still componenet 6.5 up front, cheap but better than stock rear 4's and a ten inch behind the center console.

and yes i've posted and read about ditching the rears , but i'd like to have some mid range there even if it's subtle, which is why i wouldn't spend more than 50 on the pair.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
If you connect your speakers to the amp, the amp ties into the rear RCA jacks on the deck. The RMS doesn't matter when using an outside amp. Some of the higher quality headunits don't a very high RMS rating as they are designed for external amp connections. I've always been a fan of Pioneer headunits, so I can't input on the quality of the JVCs. Look up Diamond audio components. (VERY good speakers for the price)

·
Broke with a dream.
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I got a taste of Diamond Audio, so good call on that, lol. Was thinking about the DA components up front, I just think for the bass I want I can settle for a 3-400 watt alpine or something off Ebay. I mainly want AWESOME mids and highs, with enough bass to kick, not rattle.

That JVC deck is interesting cause of the internal tuner it has, but it may be unnecessary if I use the amp.

I looked up power acoustik on here to see if there was any feedback, but the amp i was looking at was a BAMF model, and there wasn't any feedback on that... also looked up hifonics for an amp, seem to have a good rep. I just want clear clear clear sound. nothing sketchy or fuzzy, but I don't want the block to hear it either so I don't need anything over-powered.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Ditto on pioneer. I've installed a few stereos and their stuff usually ends up being the nicer and best sounded at the price point.

·
Schaw Flapping Pus
2,274 Posts
dido on the pioneer,also look up Memphis too man. I have their components for my fronts and 2 ways in the back. I cant want to install my Memphis 4.50 amp for my doors. Its going to wake them up.

·
Broke with a dream.
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I loved these cheap paper cone pioneers I got for my nova years ago, paid like 25? or so total shipped, and they rocked. Same price as autozone generic stuff, but sounded good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts