61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
yeah i guess that just means we get to keep our tires longer

·
American Rebel.
13,460 Posts
damn man. I can do a 50 footer on dry pavement. I can never get traction on wet.

·
American Rebel.
13,460 Posts
i drifted out the dry parking lot after class today.

·
Registered
370 Posts
in my durango you can actually feel the tourqe managment thing kick in, it will pull harder form a stop and chirp the tires if i give it allitle over 3/4 throttle but if i just floor it, it will just grab and go, but on wet pavement it wont stop spinning, one day i got it to spin from 35 by dropping it into first and mashing it on wet pavement

·
Registered
704 Posts
just thought i would add in i have an 02 4x4 4.7 with 3.55 gears an lsd and 265 70 16 tires. truck wont even spin the tires for shit, even on wet pavement i turned slow onto the road and was rolling slow and hammered it and nothing :huh:

i know this is kinda an odd question but does your truck by chance have the all time transfer case?

·
Registered
152 Posts
i drifted out the dry parking lot after class today.
Done it 3 times today when i went for lunch after my second class haha, first was turning around in a empty parking lot just spun it around, then pulling in to Bojangles lol the last time was when i had to go through another parking lot to avoid pulling into traffic (the shoppers didnt like it hahahah) My trucks a 3.9 with 3.55 gears and a trac-lok rear. It spins one then they both spin and spin until i let off or it eventually gets traction, this was in the wet weather we suddenly had in SC.

P.S. best way to get rid of stress before taking a test, empty parking lot + wet pavement + drift = less stress :) took my first math test (trig stuff :/) hoping its good haha, started my local college last Tuesday, so far so good i guess haha

·
Registered
51 Posts
i know this is kinda an odd question but does your truck by chance have the all time transfer case?
It didnt come stock with one becuz it has 2wd on the selector not awd but thats the only thing i can think is that maybe they switched it out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
might try the torque management mod and ill let you know how it works

·
Registered
152 Posts
It didnt come stock with one becuz it has 2wd on the selector not awd but thats the only thing i can think is that maybe they switched it out.
Some Dakotas came with a AWD option, along with 4Hi and 4Lo. Ive seen a few but personally dont like AWD. Im not sure of years or what the option, maybe someone can give more information.

·
Registered
51 Posts
yeah before i bought my truck i test drove an awd dakota, the selecter had awd, 4hi, 4lo. Now that i think about it theres no way it is awd becuz i did some nasty donuts in the snow

·
Registered
51 Posts
well is there any way to tell if it is the awd transfer case by just looking at it?

61 - 73 of 73 Posts