Dakota Durango Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Sergeant, Rifle Co.
77 Posts
i'd go check on the TMR(traction management request), mine did the same then i hunted the circuit down and snipped the wire and i burn tires like it was going out of style...

·
"][" {[]} {[]} ][_ 
17,338 Posts
It might have been slightly stalled up, I wasn't driving and don't remember honestly, but certainly doesn't need to be to spin. I can make a video of it just blowing the right rear tire off by opening the throttle.

I had to go easy on the throttle until I was above 30 mph in the 2nd video.
No need still a cool video.

·
Banned
2,773 Posts
I can't spin my rear tires.. I just slapped on some soft tred 265's and it grips like crazy. It gets up and goes though.

With my old 265's with 5/32 tred left, I could get some tire spin.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Your doing it wrong!

:jester:

I'd have to say the quad cabs are the heavier of all the dakotas, but I've got a 4wd Quad cab with 3.55 LSD running about 31" tires and I can spin my wheels. And I know the 4wd is heavier than the 2wd. of course it may be the fact I really have no weight in the bed (no spare wheel underneath)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
hmm. idk.
I've got a superchips,magnaflow no cats,cold air intake, and 4.10s now and it still doesn't spin from a stop.. though it will grab a little second gear and it runs really good. maybe these federal 255/35/20 tires are sticky.. I mean it's a beast from a slow roll just not from a dead stop

·
Registered
704 Posts
hmm. idk.
I've got a superchips,magnaflow no cats,cold air intake, and 4.10s now and it still doesn't spin from a stop.. though it will grab a little second gear and it runs really good. maybe these federal 255/35/20 tires are sticky.. I mean it's a beast from a slow roll just not from a dead stop
theres your problem right there, my buddy has the federal 595 tires on his 01 r/t and unless he holds the brake, those tires hook and go, my general grabber uhp tires are the same way

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
lol I dont want it to spin, I just thought that it should have the power to turn the tires over

·
Banned
1,519 Posts
still dont see why it wont my stock dak spins with NO problem half the time it does i dont want it to hell mine'll even spin in reverse if i give it to much gas

·
Registered ABUser
1,097 Posts
I'd say those tires, they are grabby, what's the traction rating on them? And the fact that the TMR is probably still functioning. That thing gets up and goes, would probably embarrass my ext. cab 318 lol.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well with a quad cab, bigger tires, 3.55 gears, and an LSD I'm not too terribly surprised. You are heavy, your gear ratio is doggy (I currently have 3.55's and hate them), the big tires just make the gear ratio worse, and you have a limited slip, so it's gotta spin both tires instead of just one.

I have a regular cab with a 5.9, open diff, and slightly smaller than stock tires. If I look at the accelerator pedal too hard I'll spin a wheel. 4.10's and a LSD are both being delivered to me today though!
My ext cab has same setup except my tire are 265 70 r16 about 30 or 31 inches, and they spin before I ever get the pedal to the floor I'd love to get 4:11 gears on mine that'd be nice. mines also a 4x4 so that might make the weight about even. I had to check to make sure I had LSD cause they'd spin so easily.

·
Tinkerer
330 Posts
My truck has the 4.7 with a 9.25 rear lsd and 3.55s and melts tires lol its the only auto ive had hit the limiter while brake burning, throttle is sooo touchy it takes nothing to go sideways.

The rams with the 4.7 are gutless as fuck, when i get my sct im going to send my stock tune to hemifever to see if its actually the stock tune.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
maybe i got a lemon lol. the motor that's in it is out of an 02 but that dont make a diff. it has 20x10s with a 28.5 tire. I have heard that the nexxen roadian's grip really good and thats what i have

·
Registered
152 Posts
i'd go check on the TMR(traction management request), mine did the same then i hunted the circuit down and snipped the wire and i burn tires like it was going out of style...
Is this on the 4.7 only? If its on a 3.9 will it help spinning a little? Thanks!
I got my 3.9 quad cab to slide(drift) when it was wet and both pulled with trak-lock

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I'm not sure if he's paying attention to this older thread any more or not but my dad has a '00 QC with a 4.7L and some cheaper brand 215/75/15 tires. His truck will NOT do any kind of burnout from a stand still hard to the gas or brake standing it. The 1 and only time I got the rear wheels to break loose was hard acceleration making a 90* right turn.

He doesn't seem to mind it much but if it was my truck I'd be all kinds of pissed off.

On another note my '03 RC 4.7L is a beast of a truck! With the superchips installed on the 87 octane it'll spin the tires through most of 1st and chirp them going into 2nd.

·
Registered
51 Posts
just thought i would add in i have an 02 4x4 4.7 with 3.55 gears an lsd and 265 70 16 tires. truck wont even spin the tires for shit, even on wet pavement i turned slow onto the road and was rolling slow and hammered it and nothing :huh:

·
Registered
51 Posts
forgot thats also with superchips tuned to 91 octane

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
yeah. now when i had a flat and had to put the spare on the right rear.... it would murder that one tire off, probably not good on the sure grip... but.. haha. But with both same size tires the lsd works well and doesnt spin a lick

41 - 60 of 73 Posts