Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Unregistered User
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got mine in and it looks completely different then the stock pipes.

I have the precats on my truck, so there is a section of pipe (and precat) a good 8 to 10 inches long just after the initial turn down off the manifold. This section of the JBA pipes is not even half that.

So do the jba pipes just really hug the block or something, because in their current form, It doesn't even look like they have enough clearence to hit the manifolds. Also has anyone installed precats in one of these pipes? Will I have issues extending the run of the pipes?

·
Unregistered User
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was trying to keep it as emmissions legal looking as possible, as I may be moving to a state that cares within the next few years.

I guess I can get a second upstream bung welded in and figure out what to do about the downstream sensors. Do you know how much play there is in the 02 wire? Can I use the bung preinstalled on the jba pipe without extending the wires?

·
Unregistered User
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, thanks. Looks like I'll be returning the 2 cats I already have. Glad I didn't pay shipping.

Has anyone ever tried to splice the two downstreams together? IE both leads into one sensor? It would be a parallel circuit, so I believe the voltages would work out and the PCM would just see an identical signal on two channels. I'm just thinking it would be easier to put a single O2 after the cat.

·
Unregistered User
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the new pipes installed and they look really nice. I don't have the final routing set in stone yet, but it looks like the cross over pipe from the driver's side is going to either rest against the bell housing or only have a 1cm or so gap.

Should I try and tweak the fitment more to increase this gap, or is that okay?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts