Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
2

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I take my stock TB off will everything that came off my stock TB go right onto my new 52mm TB or will I have to make some adjustments? Any help would be appreciated.

Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Yup Really easy. I'd clean the IAC sensor in the rear of the tb too. Just be careful when cleaning it. It is very sensitive and you can break it by twisting it. Clean it gently. Can be done in under a half hour.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
2001dakotaR/T said:
When I take my stock TB off will everything that came off my stock TB go right onto my new 52mm TB or will I have to make some adjustments? Any help would be appreciated.

Jason
Hows it going, did you end up getting this tb? how was it? Where'd you get it, thanks for your help...
 
2

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Putting a 52mm tb on my truck, but I have a question?

snubzinttown said:
Hows it going, did you end up getting this tb? how was it? Where'd you get it, thanks for your help...
It went pretty smoothly. Not to difficult at all. I do notice my engine feels like it's breathing better and running stronger. I just added an IP air intake and relocated my IAT sensor and those definitely helped it out even more. I bought it off a guy on ebay. It's a Holley high performance 52mm TB. I only paid $100 for it and it was worth it. Better than spending $300-$500 on most TB's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Im lookin at getting the pro shot intake from 360 intakes and I would like to upgrade the tb along with getting a tb spacer. But, what is the IAT Sensor and what do you get out of relocating it? Thanks
 
2

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
snubzinttown said:
Im lookin at getting the pro shot intake from 360 intakes and I would like to upgrade the tb along with getting a tb spacer. But, what is the IAT Sensor and what do you get out of relocating it? Thanks
Well to be honest, TB spacers aren't worth the money. I have known a few people that have bought them and they aren't pleased with them at all. I'm sure people on here will tell you that as well. I would just upgrade your TB and not worry about a TB spacer. The IAT sensor is the sensor that reads the temperature of the air coming into the manifold and relays it back to the computer so the computer can produce the right mixture according to the temperature. It is located in front of your TB on the manifold. Basically you drill a hole into your air intake tube and put the sensor where the drilled hole is and it will now read the cooler air coming directly coming in from the intake tube instead of the manifold. The manifold is hot so the air reads hotter which restricts horsepower. Here is a link that will help you out.
http://www.mark-world.com/dakota/iat.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
2001dakotaR/T said:
Well to be honest, TB spacers aren't worth the money. I have known a few people that have bought them and they aren't pleased with them at all. I'm sure people on here will tell you that as well. I would just upgrade your TB and not worry about a TB spacer. The IAT sensor is the sensor that reads the temperature of the air coming into the manifold and relays it back to the computer so the computer can produce the right mixture according to the temperature. It is located in front of your TB on the manifold. Basically you drill a hole into your air intake tube and put the sensor where the drilled hole is and it will now read the cooler air coming directly coming in from the intake tube instead of the manifold. The manifold is hot so the air reads hotter which restricts horsepower. Here is a link that will help you out.
http://www.mark-world.com/dakota/iat.html
I heard the tb spacer by itself is crap but if you use it with a new tb its pretty good. But if you think its not worth it I would rather relocate the sensor and go with the intake and tb...Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,185 Posts
snubzinttown said:
I heard the tb spacer by itself is crap but if you use it with a new tb its pretty good. But if you think its not worth it I would rather relocate the sensor and go with the intake and tb...Thanks
Save your money, don't buy the TB spacer. They've been proven on a dyno to do absolutely nothing for our trucks.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
snubzinttown said:
That link was great, exactly what I needed for that sensor relocation..Thanks again!!
Yeah, I'll have to look into that this weekend, and see if I can find that sensor.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top