Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will take pics and post any info you guys need but I need to find lower ball joints for this 98 rango that has been dropped as low as a car. The mechanic cannot find them and I am wondering if there is a common manufacturer that carries these. Thanks a ton,

Jesse

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
check ebay or advance carries them. idk whats so hard about finding them?

post pics asap tho.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are aftermarket ball joints. The uppers had a part number for a chevy truck. I will get pics.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ball joint is flipped over. Looks like this was done to clear the knuckle. Looks normal but flipped.

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
wtf. u would prolly have to measure it and go to advance and match something up. or just take it out and match it up.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Lower ball joints are suppose to be pointed downward!

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Sounds like a cheap lowering trick, keeping the ride quality the same. Probably a simple ball joint flip if it is 2wd, if 4x4 who knows!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is 4x4 and your right it is a cheap lowering trick. I will have to jack it up and take a crap load of pics

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
It may still be a ball joint flip then. You need new stock ball joints, and see if you can pound out the taper sleeves and re install them to the other side of the spindle and reinstall, then you should be fine. Maybe adjust the torsion bars as they may be loose/lowered too.

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Wow...flipped ball joints. That's scary as fuck. Puts all the load on the ball joints nut and pulls the ball out of the socket.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No crap. Well we are jacking it up and taking a bunch of pics tomorrow and posting them on the other thread. Thanks guys.

J

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
Looks good, in the meantime DO NOT full lock your steering until you fix those ball joints, especially in reverse.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks good, in the meantime DO NOT full lock your steering until you fix those ball joints, especially in reverse.
No crap, put it in the ditch last week as one of the outer tie rods failed turning a corner at 30mph. This truck needs some help. So I come to you guys.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts