Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got nabbed by a popo travelling the other way. It was not too far after the limit changed from 40 to 35 and he nabbed me in between two hills, so I was building/maintaining speed to make getting up the next hill easier. Anyways, I was doing about 50. Let me off with a written warning because it was my first offence.

Regardless of getting off with a warning, oh how I hate North Canton...

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
You where speeding, point said...

·
Registered
651 Posts
Actually

Normally I agree with the previous poster but in this instance, that is bullshit. Cops in poor towns in need of money looking to pick peoples' pockets by laying in wait for people who don't scrub speed fast enough when the limit suddenly drops drastically for no good reason. Got caught the other night for 64 in a 55 like 10 seconds after the limit went from 65 to 55. I talked my way out of it with politeness and apologies but that is bullshit.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not that they are a poor town, it's that it is an old people town where everything is kept neat and tidy.

B

·
0 Posts
Normally I agree with the previous poster but in this instance, that is bullshit. Cops in poor towns in need of money looking to pick peoples' pockets by laying in wait for people who don't scrub speed fast enough when the limit suddenly drops drastically for no good reason. Got caught the other night for 64 in a 55 like 10 seconds after the limit went from 65 to 55. I talked my way out of it with politeness and apologies but that is bullshit.
There is ALWAYS a "REDUCE SPEED AHEAD' sign posted at least 1/2 mile before the speed limit change giving you ample time to 'scrub off speed' before you get there. If you wait to reduce your speed after the limit changes and you get caught, take your ticket and STFU! Don't blame the cop for writing the ticket because you had ample warning of the speed limit change and you chose to ignore it.

IF YOU CAN'T DO THE TIME, THEN DON'T DO THE CRIME!!

·
Banned
28,625 Posts
lol!

·
The Troll Behind The Dog
8,359 Posts
As rebel said, Speeding is speeding, wether its a random drop in speed or not...I recall a friend telling me about a stretch of highway that is pretty much a strait shot and the speed changes from 65 - 55 - 65 - 55 constantly...If its posted, its the law, follow it and these BS bad news posts wont be needed...

·
The Troll Behind The Dog
8,359 Posts
and the comment about the small poor towns...Theyd really be poor if you wouldnt break the laws, and eharris...Obviously they are not to poor since the cop let him off with a break...think before you speak...

·
The Troll Behind The Dog
8,359 Posts

IF YOU CAN'T DO THE TIME, THEN DON'T DO THE CRIME!!
Damn strait...and stop the stupid threads about it when you know damn well you did wrong...This is a GOOD NEWS thread, you got off with a break, even though you did break the law...CONGRATS!!!

·
Banned
28,625 Posts
lol bad news, I broke the law and he just warned me.

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Did your Yota not come with brakes?

·
Swap Meet Moderator
74,416 Posts
well at least you only got a warning!! I got lucky the other month, i wasy FLYING .. 100+ and the cop only gave me 95-75, went to traffic school :D

·
Banned
7,509 Posts
do cops give "off-duty firemen" speeding tickets _ blkjak:huh:
I have seen a state trooper give a local cop in my town a speeding ticket. Did I mention the local cop was in his cruiser? :funny:

like everything it depends on the cirumstances. My cousin who is a cop got a ticket in Petersburg va while on vacation. So don't say cops and other civil service workers get off with a warning.

To op is your vehicle that much of a pig that you have to speed up just to make it up the next hill? That skinny lil peddle far right you press down more when going up a hill when speed decreases. :stirthepo

don't know why you even posted this as you got off with a warning. :huh:

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
uh...how is it BS? the speed dropped from 40 to 35, and he admitted to going 50 in the 35:huh:

he tried to pass it off as "I was in the in between zone" uh...sounds to me like he went from 10 mph over to 15 mph over.

the OP should be saying "I rather like N Canton" instead of "I hate N Canton" because the officer took pity on him and said "please slow down next time, and have a safe day" instead of "here's you're ticket, if you wish to contest it, your court date will be Feb 12 at 9 am, or, if you wish to admit guilt and pay the fine, you can mail your payment in early to the address listed on the back"

·
Bippity Boppity Buppity
379 Posts
uh...how is it BS? the speed dropped from 40 to 35, and he admitted to going 50 in the 35:huh:

he tried to pass it off as "I was in the in between zone" uh...sounds to me like he went from 10 mph over to 15 mph over.

the OP should be saying "I rather like N Canton" instead of "I hate N Canton" because the officer took pity on him and said "please slow down next time, and have a safe day" instead of "here's you're ticket, if you wish to contest it, your court date will be Feb 12 at 9 am, or, if you wish to admit guilt and pay the fine, you can mail your payment in early to the address listed on the back"
Well said!! he admitted to speeding in the first place (50-40)... what's a 5mph speed limit difference in the grand scheme of things he was speeding regardless.

I work for a very small agency in a poorer town. As I have said before law enforcement understands the current economic climate. Our ticket counts are way down and warnings are up. Friends of mine that work for other agencies tell me this also. Most states have laws that stipulate how much departmental budget can come from fines and tickets. For my agency less than 10% of our yearly budget comes from fines and tickets. Having said all this we still have a job to do and violating a traffic law in any manner is still a violation and you could get fined.

·
Super Moderator
79,419 Posts
*sigh* These threads never go well. You'd think people would have just given up on posting them. :jester:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts