Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
ah, i like it muchh better lowerd and with the rims, i think u already had those i cant remember, i actually always liked ur paint though, good color, flakes popped reall good, i say def lower it, little iffy on the paint though

·
Adrian Guzman
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah the rims are mine not ps. but the lowering should happen during christmas or if i decide on bags a little while after. what about just all black? cuz i need to paint mine, there are so many scratches on it.

·
Adrian Guzman
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that truck looks sweet!! wonder how'd it look in black and green instead of the amber. are those supra taillights?? that looks nice again, i would hope that guy does that little mod where when you open the hood the grille shell stays down.

·
Keepin' It Keebler
179 Posts
I geuss I'm weird, because I HATE that amber/black paint job.

Kandy Jade is....well...Kandy Jade, lol. The color jade is that real bright green. Not lime, but, uh...you know, JADE! I do not know of any Daks that are painted that color. There is an Excursion running around here painted Kandy Jade and it is beautiful.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Two tone done right can be the best looking paint sceam, but if done wrong it can look like and old mans truck.

·
gettin hearing aids by 30
781 Posts
what program did you use to chave the collor? i want to get an idea of what you truck would look like w/ sniper kit and rims but my truck is red and i cant find a pic of red sniper bumper.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 2 centavos...

Hey, nice job on the photoshop work!

The black green combo will look good, I would recommend a pearl basecoat from HoK. The smaller metallic in it and the vibrant color will pop against the black since the black isn't metallic. If it was metallic black, I would then go with a Kandy Green of some sort, to keep the metallics closer in size. I would also keep the grille the upper color, not 2 tone like the amber one, unless it is done right. I would also recommend finding a local Kustom painter and have a seperation done in some sort of graphic of a brighter color. I would do an Aluminum leaf flame job outlined in a bright green. This will do 2 things, make the truck look longer and lower and give the color break an interesting look.
Just please don't use STICKERS! They take away from a nice paintjob, and they are unpredictable when cleared over.
I don't remember where you are located, but if you want help finding a Kustom painter, let me know, I am one and know many all around the world.
Good luck and PM me for more info if you'd like.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.