Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*SOLD* Prototype 4"id insulated =AIR=RAM=> intake

This is the first and only 4"ID =AIR=RAM=> INTAKE we have made for the Dakota / Durango... We started this project many years ago and never got around to completing it. It is a completed "PROTOTYPE" intake and the only one ever made.

This intake has only been used on local test. So its lightly used but in GREAT shape. This intake is a true 4" inner diameter from the filter to the throttle body where the clamp tapers down acting as a velocity stack. It is fully insulated with two layers of insulation protecting the incoming air from the under hood temps. This intake will insure your engine is getting the coolest air possible. Fully assembled its very light weight.

Click on the image for a direct link... this is the only one... once its purchased the listing will be removed.

This K&N Race filter will be also be included with the sale. Its the largest possible filter we could fit in the area. It has a 4" opening on the big end which fits perfectly to the AIR RAM INTAKE.

Below was the mock up tool used to build the intake. Unfortunately the heat shield is not available nor included in the sale.

This intake includes the Insulated intake with throttle body clamp + 1/2 inch hose for the PCV system & a NEW K&N RF-1008 Race filter.

Ill let it go for $160.00 shipped this includes the filter.

First come first served.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
02 Durango SLT+
195 Posts
You haven't mentioned which years it works with. I'm not that familiar with the Dak/Dur line, but I'm guessing some things under the hood have changed across the gens.

·
Registered
406 Posts
looks like 4.7...2000-2004 for sure and maybe some others...

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I dont even remember the year Dakota we used for the build... Thats why I included a picture of the vehicle.... If yours looks like that under the hood then there is a very good chance it will fit.

I never thought about doing a search on DD... it may have been mentioned back in the day when we where building it...

SPEED SAFE, NICK

·
Registered
704 Posts
interested in this nick, but ima ask anyway is this intake made of aluminum? or just insulated pvc not trying to be funny just wanting to make sure its not insulated pvc pipe. Otherwise I think it would work great with my setup other than installing my n20 nozzle. If you could please post some other pics of the intake tube itself like the interior of it id appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This intake is built with the same exact materials we where using on our AIR RAM INDUCTION SYSTEM at that time. This intake is very light weight for its size...

The main tube is a "TRI-LAYER" Plastic tube with light weight PVC used on the elbows. We purchased these materials in bulk specifically for building our induction systems. And the average person would not be able to build this intake with our materials never mind materials purchased from their local hardware store.

The insulation is two layers... the first is 1/8" foam with industrial aluminum backing and then covered in the second layer of our Fibertech padding. Your intake will never be cooler. Also insulating this is a work of art. Your average person would not be able to build this intake. This intake would take me over 6 hours to build from start to finish.

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me.

NICK

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'm sure we can find someone who makes one... We need a 4" to 4.5" for that to work.

Good news!!! We have them available...

NICK

·
Registered
374 Posts
Somebody got a nice intake. I remember when those where in high demand when you sold a similar design for the Rams.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts