Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like everyone's opinions or experience with PCM programming options for an 04 Hemi Durango. I am getting ready to do Stage 1 modifications to the truck (exhaust, intake, PCM programming).

When I looked for programming for the truck the only thing I found available was the Jet Power Control Module. I was leerly due to things I had heard about their products in the past. This unease was not helped by the poll that is on this page where 77% of the respondants say the Jet does nothing to increase performance. I do however notice they offer a Stage 1 and Stage 2 module. Is there any chance the Stage 2 may offer more hope?

Are there any other programming options out there I may have missed. I would be happy to send the PCM off to a programmer if there is a reputable one out there.

TIA for all the help. :)
Chris M.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rick,

I can hope but I won't hold my breath. In the meantime I will concentrate on getting the exhaust and intake done. I will post my quarter mile times before and after, since I'm always at the track :)

How about a MOPAR performance PCM? Anything available for the Hemi Durango?

·
Registered
209 Posts
No Mopar PCM is available at this time. Mid last year there was a rumor that one was being developed, but haven't heard anything since so I doubt it. The Hemi is pretty tweaked out of the box so I don't know how much room they would have to play with. If you look at Hypertech and Superchips gains for the Hemi, both HP and TQ are less then 20 for gains. Look at the gains for other manufacturer's engines and they are in the 30-40+ range.

What are you planning for the intake and exhaust?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exhaust plans are a Dynomax catback. I have had their systems on other vehicles of mine and I like the sound, power gains, and best of all price/quality.

Intake will probably be a homemade job. I have some extra cone filters (S&B), clamps, couplers, and PVC pipe just laying around. Oh and don't tell me about the PVC horror stories - off-gassing of dioxin, phalates, and phosgene (that's the gas that related to nerve gas) - I'm a chemist so I understand the risks and the amount of materials involved here (very small). For gosh sakes, the pipe is under your hood, you're not eating, drinking, breathing from it! :rant: :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
See, and I was just getting ready to tell you about dioxides and phalluses and stuff. Been flamed for home-brew before I take it? LOL The way I look at it, it's your own vehicle and you can do whatever you like with it. That's the cool thing about the boards, finding out what everyone does with their rides. Everyone has different tastes and principles and it would be pretty boring if we didn't.

Just don't do like a kid I went to high school with. He had Mustang and wanted to do a home-brew ram air kit for it. He set it up using a dryer vent screwed to the front air damn. Well, one wet fall day he sucked leaves and water in to it and well, let's just say it didn't run so well. Since this wasn't made from PVC, I figured I could tell you about it. :mullet:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts