Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Simply Motorsports
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well i am taking my aftermarket HU out of my 98 and trying to put it in my 97. My 97 has the infinity system. My problem is when i hooked everything up i have power but no sound. anyone out there changed from the infinity casseste to a after market HU....any help would be great

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Infiniti system has an external amp that has to be turned on. Did you connect the blue wire from the wire harness(truck side) to the blue or blue/white(amp remote or power antenna) wire from your stereo? If you didn't connect these wires together, doing so should fix your problem.

·
Car Audio God
502 Posts
DECEPTOR said:
The Infiniti system has an external amp that has to be turned on. Did you connect the blue wire from the wire harness(truck side) to the blue or blue/white(amp remote or power antenna) wire from your stereo? If you didn't connect these wires together, doing so should fix your problem.
Yup! Also, make sure you DO have a wiring harness for your aftermarket unit. But it's most likely the Remote...failing to trigger the factory amplifier on!

NG

·
Registered
329 Posts
Had the same problem in my Durango R/T.
The blue wire should do the trick and whala... music!

It took me about an hour to figure out that the previous place that had installed my head unit in my old durango (RIP) had spliced the blue wire into something else. Bastards! It was a headache, but man was I relieved when it was fixed.

·
Simply Motorsports
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
thanks guys will go hook up the blue wire RIGHT now....that has to be my problem.....THANK YOU ALL

edit: Thanks again guys that was the problem :bow:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.