Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife and I just purchased our 04 Hemi "D" in December and within the first week it was in for servicing because an idiot light came on. The dealership had it for almost a week and had to replace the enitre dash assembly we were told. In less than 10 days the same thing happened and it was in for another four days and this time, even thought the same light was on, they said the O2 sensor was bad. Again a week later it was back in because the break lights did not work most of the time. Just last week after driving about 4 miles to pick up a sick relative, the engine while in park started reving up to 3k and down to idle and back up. The only way to stop it was to shut off the engine. It is scheduled to go back in but becasue of the snow we do not want to try driving it the 30+ miles to the dealership. Some of my friends have seen something about the idle solenoid or speed sensor being recalled on all but the 5.7 Hemi engine.

Are we the only ones with these kinds of problems. We are patient and realize this is a whole new vehicle, top to bottom.

*** Update 3-22-04 ***
Since the last time it was in the shop for the throttle problems, we have put on almost 1,000 miles and it seems to have settled down. This last trip was a problem with the wiring harness and ECU caused by the drain from the windshield wiper running into this critical area. Supposedly, they installed a drain hose and re-routed the water elsewhere...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I thought I should let you know at least ONE hemi wasn't having problems. I have 1000 miles on mine and it's been perfect.
Oh, only problem...cruise won't set over 85MPH! Sure runs good up there, though :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
me too just bought an 04 hemi limited durango and love it, almost 500 miles and no problems so far

·
Registered
257 Posts
05 Hemi Ram
1951 miles of no problems.....Knock on wood that it continues....lol

:drive:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my dad has an 03 ram with 56,000 km on it and not a hint of any trouble

1 - 8 of 8 Posts