Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
I'd like to know as well. I'm gonna get one shortly. I can't imagine it costing more then $75 at the most? I'm guessing around $55-60 for a decent job

·
Registered
90 Posts
QuaTscH94 said:
I'd like to know as well. I'm gonna get one shortly. I can't imagine it costing more then $75 at the most? I'm guessing around $55-60 for a decent job
Whoa, if you can get it done that cheap, let me know where. A good spray will probably run you $100-$200 depending. Remember with paint, more often than not, you get what you pay for.

M

·
0 Posts
Fyi

I just had mine prepped (steel), painted, & installed (including removing rear bumper) plus the front bumper & valance repaired,
(cracked from hitting something) & painted for $300 Canadian so you are probably looking at $100 or better for prep & paint I would imagine.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Your best bet is to find a body shop that does NOT use computers to give estimates. I have found out around here that that is the major diff. in prices. By the way I only paid $75 for mine painted and installed including removing the stock bumper.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I agree you get what you pay for!

I have been to two shops so far, and both told me not to just get a roll pan done. They told me they would do it, but if I had other parts to get painted, I would get more for my money.

Long story short, Shop A gave me a quote of $500, for a roll pan, front valance, and grill shell, including removal and installation. Shop B gave me a quote of $275, for the front valance, and roll pan along with repainting my fender flares, but I would do all parts removal and installation.

Shop A, had 0 cars parked collecting dust, and was very clean, Shop B had a bunch of half cars and was dirty as hell!

I'll pay more for the quality! The way I look at it, I don't want to look at my truck and feel like I screwed myself to save a few bucks.

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
I get my paint work done at one of the best bodyshops in AZ so I'm not concerned about quality. They already did my mirrors, hood, and handles. Think I'll hit them up soon when I get the pan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts