Dakota Durango Forum banner

power window problems?

6K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  RaZ 
What happens if you were to take the wires going to that motor and touch them to the battery from a cordless dirll? does it go up/down then?

My front passenger window does this. There's a gear I need to replace in the motor. But, my window works just fine, so I'm not too worried about it. :) But, I'm also thinking of jsut getting a refurbished motor off the internet instead of working on the motor myself. I dunno.

Coach said:
Most likely it just needs a motor brush that you can pick up at a hardware store. A couple of bucks, match up the brush with the one in your window motor and you're golden.
I don't suppose you have a pic of said motor brush. I wouldn't really know what I'm looking for in the motor.

Wow...that's an excellent thread to let me know what I'm looking for. But, I guess I'm still going to have to find my Haynes manual so I can read how to properly take the regulator and motor out. Hopefully the book will also have a section about lubricating the regulators. Might as well do that while I have it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.