Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im pickin up the wire harnes door panels power regs and everything else to convert my doors to power what i need to no is if my reg cab dak dosnt have the plugs to plug rite in dose anyone no how to do the wireing

·
i am planning on using an aftermarket quality kit; should be around $250? ____ blkjak:waiting:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I don't see why you couldn't tap into the factory switches with after market stuff. I don't use factory switches with my power windows, I got after market switches and relocated them in my doors. To each there own.

·
#19 ƃop ǝnןq ǝןʇ&#
13,196 Posts
I converted Little Blue Guy below from hand crank windows to factory power windows & locks. I had the door wiring and all I had to do was make a crossover harness between the 2 doors and find 2 power taps for the windows & locks. I ran the crossover harness inside the truck along the underside of the heater box....

See thread starting here --> http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1338060&postcount=85

·
Stock Lookin'
3,040 Posts
I converted Little Blue Guy below from hand crank windows to factory power windows & locks. I had the door wiring and all I had to do was make a crossover harness between the 2 doors and find 2 power taps for the windows & locks. I ran the crossover harness inside the truck along the underside of the heater box....

See thread starting here --> http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1338060&postcount=85
What do you mean by crossover harness? But I'm guessing no factory security due to not using a CTM? But than again you have a Gen II dak.

·
#19 ƃop ǝnןq ǝןʇ&#
13,196 Posts
What do you mean by crossover harness? But I'm guessing no factory security due to not using a CTM? But than again you have a Gen II dak.
I had to make a harness that goes from door to door, because my under dash harness in the truck was not equipped for power windows & locks.

My truck is not equipped with any factory security system, was not offered in 94

·
Registered
241 Posts
i made my own "harness". just used the power reg/ motor. btw QC parts are not interchangable w/ RC or CC doors.
i documented it kinda, http://www.customdakotas.com/forums/general-dakota-discussion/6757-power-window-conversion.html

i also used some switches(custom mounted) from radioshack. and generic automotive relays. i recently re-did it, and installted my fused power in the pack of the fusebox. that way the fuse looks like factory did it. btw i had no factory power window wiring of anykind

·
Stock Lookin'
3,040 Posts
i made my own "harness". just used the power reg/ motor. btw QC parts are not interchangable w/ RC or CC doors.
i documented it kinda, http://www.customdakotas.com/forums/general-dakota-discussion/6757-power-window-conversion.html

i also used some switches(custom mounted) from radioshack. and generic automotive relays. i recently re-did it, and installted my fused power in the pack of the fusebox. that way the fuse looks like factory did it. btw i had no factory power window wiring of anykind
I did read somewhere that the QC parts are not the same.

This is something that I'm wanting to do. I don't have powered windows/locks or security system. I see that you have "alarm unlock output" on one of your relays. I'm guessing you have an alarm? But also, did you use relays in both doors? That is quite a lot of help. I'd have to find a lot more parts since I want to use stock switches.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
only reg cab and extenda cab are the same qcab are differant i work at a auto wreckers and our interchange says there differant

·
Registered
241 Posts
I did read somewhere that the QC parts are not the same.

This is something that I'm wanting to do. I don't have powered windows/locks or security system. I see that you have "alarm unlock output" on one of your relays. I'm guessing you have an alarm? But also, did you use relays in both doors? That is quite a lot of help. I'd have to find a lot more parts since I want to use stock switches.
the relay diagram was one i snagged of the12volt.com just for reference on how to make a DC motor switch directions(the diagram was originally for door lock actuators).
instead of alarm, use those wires for the switches, i.e. lock=up, unlock=down. or vise-versa.
i used 2 relays per door. mounting relays in door seemed most logical, and least cluttering(under dash). plus at let time i had wires ran and tied up just about everywhere(under the dash) there was room
btw, my truck stock had no power accessories, or alarm.

·
Stock Lookin'
3,040 Posts
the relay diagram was one i snagged of the12volt.com just for reference on how to make a DC motor switch directions(the diagram was originally for door lock actuators).
instead of alarm, use those wires for the switches, i.e. lock=up, unlock=down. or vise-versa.
i used 2 relays per door. mounting relays in door seemed most logical, and least cluttering(under dash). plus at let time i had wires ran and tied up just about everywhere(under the dash) there was room
btw, my truck stock had no power accessories, or alarm.
Oh okay, now your diagram makes sense to me. The only thing that gets me is how I'm going to incorporate stock switches. Especially on the drivers side since it has controls for the passenger side / back windows. Your diagram is really helpful. The back ones seem to me like they are going to be easier. Where did you pull power from? Thanks!

·
Registered
241 Posts
sorry, i cant help with incorporating stock switches, never looked into them.
for power. my interior fuse block had the power window fuse empty. originally i used a quick connect to pull the power and used a fuse holder that i just tucked away. recently i pulled the fusebox out and added a wire to the correct connector on the back of the fusebox(for a factory look). i might be able to track down which connector i used if you need.

btw i have a 2002 CC. if you want to check if the interior boxes are the same.

just to make sure you know what i meant. each door has 2 relays installed at the door.

·
Stock Lookin'
3,040 Posts
sorry, i cant help with incorporating stock switches, never looked into them.
for power. my interior fuse block had the power window fuse empty. originally i used a quick connect to pull the power and used a fuse holder that i just tucked away. recently i pulled the fusebox out and added a wire to the correct connector on the back of the fusebox(for a factory look). i might be able to track down which connector i used if you need.

btw i have a 2002 CC. if you want to check if the interior boxes are the same.

just to make sure you know what i meant. each door has 2 relays installed at the door.
What'd you do with the door cards? Did you leave the manual window opener? But hmm, that's not bad. 01+ are all the same. I don't think that yours would be any different from mine. But connector? You mean to the fuse panel?

·
Registered
241 Posts
What'd you do with the door cards? Did you leave the manual window opener? But hmm, that's not bad. 01+ are all the same. I don't think that yours would be any different from mine. But connector? You mean to the fuse panel?
i just had an open hole in the panel. im re-doing them now and "shaving" the hole.
by connector i mean the wire harness disconnect on the back of the fusebox. there are close to or over 10 connectors on the backside.

i was thinking about(might still do) making switches like autoloc has. you bolt the manual crank to it, and it makes the crank itself a switch for window operation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts