Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
No Dak, but a Dodge!
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a pair of leather seats out of a durango with power and lumbar. I was given about 12" of each wire. The one that I believe is for the power portion has two wires, I am assuming I can hook those up easily (1 into hot, 1 into ground). However, the lumbar has 4 wires out of the harness. Anyone know how to hook those wires up?

And unforunately my truck has no harness under the carpet, I checked when I put the amp under my seat awhile back. And to make matters worse, both of these seats are power, not just the driver side.

G

·
BadASSDakota500 said:
So I bought a pair of leather seats out of a durango with power and lumbar. I was given about 12" of each wire. The one that I believe is for the power portion has two wires, I am assuming I can hook those up easily (1 into hot, 1 into ground). However, the lumbar has 4 wires out of the harness. Anyone know how to hook those wires up?

And unforunately my truck has no harness under the carpet, I checked when I put the amp under my seat awhile back. And to make matters worse, both of these seats are power, not just the driver side.
If there are 2 wires 1 is live the other is nuetral not ground. If you hook the nuetral to ground you will electrify your truck.

Actually you will just blow a fuse when it shorts but you get what I'm saying.

·
No Dak, but a Dodge!
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, well good thing I know nothing about electrical, and am not ignorant to do it myself!!! Thats what my dad is for...but thanks for the FYI

Anyone have any ideas about the 4 wire harness?

·
No Dak, but a Dodge!
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I went to the dealer today and talked to someone. The two wires, as I suspected were power (50amp) and ground. The 4 wired harness is for heat, which takes alot of work, so I opted out for that. Well, 3 hours later they are in there and working. Just ended up running the power straight to the battery, with an inline fuse...the highest they go was 40, and I thought 50 seemed high, so if the 40 doesn't work, I am out 59 cents.

The problem? The front too bolts are fine, but the back to are off by like 1&1/2-2" to the outside of the truck. So as of right now I only have the front two in, until I can get to my dads this weekend to make new holes.

Besides that, they look great. But are the seatbelts hooked directly to the seats in durangos? There is two nut like structures on the outside of both, not sure what else they could be.

G

·
The seatbelts are hooked up directly to the D's on the bottom of the seat up front. That's what those bolts are for.

As far as your fuse, actually all you need is 25. The power seats installed OEM have a 25 amp fuse on the block that is for the power seats and also your rear defogger.

So, instead of running from the battery, when I upgraded mine, I did an inline splice into the rear defogger hot wire and then grounded at the driver's side fuse block just inside the door.

Anyway, I would change out that fuse to a 25... just in case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.