Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what you guys think about gun metal r/t rims on a solar yellow r/t. If any one would photoshop both th 17'' and 20'' r/t rims, that would be great. Does anybody know of a good shop that does powdercoating in Vegas? Thanks

Kevin

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
SYRT said:
I was wondering what you guys think about gun metal r/t rims on a solar yellow r/t. If any one would photoshop both th 17'' and 20'' r/t rims, that would be great. Does anybody know of a good shop that does powdercoating in Vegas? Thanks

Kevin

[email protected]
Talk to Joe over at http://www.360airintakez.com for powdercoating.

If you leave your accessories and decals and such black, the gunmetal/graphite rims can look nice. They don't go well with chrome accessories at all imho.

D

·
0 Posts
I think it might look cool. I'm thinking about doing the same to my rims.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
SYRT said:
should I powder coat the 20" or the 17"?
The closest approximation would probably be seeing one of the Dakota Motorsports Edition trucks, which had black rims with silver trim rings.

I personally think the 20" R/T rims look really good in their natural painted/chrome state, they wouldn't look as good black. The 17's aren't so bad because of the smaller rim size.

I liked the way the chrome 20's looked on your truck the other day. Are you not happy with them? I'd be glad to swap my 18's for your 20's lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the way the 20" look except that they are so hard to keep clean and i hate to drive hard on them because tire cost is so great, its not as fun to drive because of that!

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
SYRT said:
I like the way the 20" look except that they are so hard to keep clean and i hate to drive hard on them because tire cost is so great, its not as fun to drive because of that!
Yeah I know how the tire cost thing goes... I'm not looking forward to having to buy new tires for these 18"s, I really like the Goodyear F1-SC's on there but I think replacements are all in the $200 range instead of the $100 Kumho's for the 17's.

D

·
0 Posts
18" Kumho

Steve,

Kumho make a a prety good 18 incher now. It's the ECSTA STX.

The ones I'm running are 255X55X18 so they're an inch taller than the stock 17 inch Goodyears that our trucks came with.
You can get them locally for under a hundred a piece

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Re: 18" Kumho

Dakzila said:
Steve,

Kumho make a a prety good 18 incher now. It's the ECSTA STX.

The ones I'm running are 255X55X18 so they're an inch taller than the stock 17 inch Goodyears that our trucks came with.
You can get them locally for under a hundred a piece
I'll have to keep those in mind.

I wish I'd had the money to buy spare tires when I first got the rims... Tire Rack had the 295/45-18 Goodyear F1-SC's on clearance sale for about $140 a pop.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Steve,
Joe wanted 85/per rim! Do you know of any other place in town that PC?

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
SYRT said:
Hey Steve,
Joe wanted 85/per rim! Do you know of any other place in town that PC?
I don't know of anyone else, Joe powdercoats all of my stuff. $85/ea sounds like a good price though, the rims have to be cleaned, scuffed, coated, baked, etc.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was just checking out some forums and some people were getting it done for $200 (4)

D

·
0 Posts
Powercoating

SYRT,

You might try Artistic Powdercoating here in Vegas. Been using them for years.

They did my 15 X10 steel wheels in black for $75.00 each.
They're located on Arville near Flamingo, 362-0041.

D

·
0 Posts
Powercoating

SYRT,

You might try Artistic Powdercoating here in Vegas. Been using them for years.

They did my 15 X10 steel wheels in black for $75.00 each.
They're located on Arville near Flamingo, 362-0041.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts