Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
5 NINE DAK
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Island Powdercoating today by me in Miller Place today, i was talkin to them about getting the spokes coated in high gloss black and leavin the outside of the rim silver...he said its a pain in the ass taping everything off but he said it can def be done...hes charging $110 a wheel, what do u guys think of this, should i go for it??

·
Clean Machine!
2,219 Posts
Considering I paid $90 for a strip and coating, that doesn't sound too bad. Didn't know there was a powdercoating place in Miller Place, wherebouts?

Cool pic btw, know exactly where that is! Was a big hangout when I was in HS.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
That sounds a bit high to me. Just get some good wheel paint and masking tape and do them yourself. As long as you prep them right and take care of them the paint will last.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
limpnkid2121 said:
Went to Island Powdercoating today by me in Miller Place today, i was talkin to them about getting the spokes coated in high gloss black and leavin the outside of the rim silver...he said its a pain in the ass taping everything off but he said it can def be done...hes charging $110 a wheel, what do u guys think of this, should i go for it??
Find out what the difference in price would be if you masked off the wheels on your own, buying a roll of the high-temp masking tape and doing it yourself may save you a bunch of money.

$110/wheel just for powdercoating is pretty expensive.

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
I'mma just scuff mine and paint em! *If I ever do it!* I did my sister wheels on her Jeep. It worked like a champ for like 5+ years, so I'm to too scared. They make honest to god wheel paint. Good loving :biggthump

·
5 NINE DAK
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i called the place back and asked them how much it would be just for one color, and they said as long as they stock to color it would be 75/wheel instead of 110/wheel, b/c theres no taping and shit involved

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Dude don't go all black, stay with the two tone. I still say tape and paint them yourself.

·
Clean Machine!
2,219 Posts
If you go one color go gunmetal grey, love that color on wheels :)

And powdercoating is far better and more durable than paint anyday, I wouldnt even consider paint if you want it to last.

·
6.9 6 speed
5,421 Posts
do it right the first time and do what you really want. Pay the extra cash for a good job. powdercoating will last much longer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.