Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an 08' Dakota quad cab laramie and I'm coming over here from the gen 1 durango area and i noticed that y'all have no thread for pics of your Dakotas....so ill get it started with my new Dak....lets see what you've got!

Attachments

Reactions: Aberrant

·
AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my first order of business is going to be a superchips tuner (throttle response isn't quite what I want) and then I'm going to do a leveling kit and install a Borla muffler on it...after that I'm not sure but I'm sure there will be a lift in the future and def a K&N intake and maby some step bars, toolbox kinda stuff but its all $$$ .....I've got nothin but time tho haha

·
AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you know of a site that has more gen v traffic on it?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just picked up an 08' Dakota quad cab laramie and I'm coming over here from the gen 1 durango area and i noticed that y'all have no thread for pics of your Dakotas....so ill get it started with my new Dak....lets see what you've got!
Hey, I'm thinking of getting an '08 Laramie (there's one thats same color black as yours near me).... how you liking it so far? Did you look at any other options?

BTW, how does the DVD player work? Is it really just that tiny screen in the dash?

·
AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, I'm thinking of getting an '08 Laramie (there's one thats same color black as yours near me).... how you liking it so far? Did you look at any other options?

BTW, how does the DVD player work? Is it really just that tiny screen in the dash?[/QUOTE

Well i LOVE the new Dakota but unfortunately four days after i bought it the Marine Corps decided to deploy me to Japan for 6 months....so i got to drive it for 4 days :funny: BUT it is a great truck! The DVD player i don't have any idea about....my radio says DVD on it but i did not get the navigation radio with the touch screen. (i herd the interface for that is kinda weird) but if you have the screen i am sure you could play DVDs on it. The new 4.7 was getting ABOUT 18.5-19 MPG in mixed around town and highway driving while my other 4.7 (01 Durango) averaged about 13. Overall i would highly recommend the truck but keep in mind they did not sell many of these so there is not much of an aftermarket for the 08+ Daks (the only suspension lift is $6000 :rant:) but with a little knowledge and creativity you can make yourself a pretty awesome rig. I have about 3 more months of plotting my modifications to do when i get home...im planning on dumping a few grand on parts when i get back (lift kit, leveling kit, wheels, tires, super chips, K&N intake, TB spacer, borla exhaust and a couple other things i can't think of right now. Anyway BUY THE TRUCK! I love mine! If you have any other questions just reply here I'm happy to answer!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks for the response, and good luck in Japan!

I'm also curious about the tranny - my '01 4.7l has a 5 speed manual, which I really liked. Obviously the new Dakota would be an auto. I'm hoping that the auto tranny on these newer Dakota's is much better shifting than the older generation autos, which I disliked.

·
AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the response, and good luck in Japan!

I'm also curious about the tranny - my '01 4.7l has a 5 speed manual, which I really liked. Obviously the new Dakota would be an auto. I'm hoping that the auto tranny on these newer Dakota's is much better shifting than the older generation autos, which I disliked.
:banana2: 5 speed 4.7 :banana2: NEVER PART WITH THAT TRUCK! if you can afford it keep it and get the Dak. thats what i plan on doing with my Durango (its gonna be the off road beast

The tranny in the 08' Dak is a 5 speed auto. i noticed it was a little slow to shift but that is nothing a super chip tuner will not fix. with 300+ HP goin to it its got a lot of potential! My 01 Durango had a 4 speed auto and that thing was a blast but the 5 speed will get better gas on the highway and after the super chip will be just as much fun!

what are your thoughts on purchasing the truck?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey, so I missed out on the '08 Laramie (someone purchased it), but the '11 TRX4 is still available. I got busy with a bunch of other stuff, and then after a couple weeks went to look for the ad to see if it was still available. In the mean time, they dropped the price to $14,900. Is it just me, or does that sound like an unbelievable deal (almost suspiciously so...)???

To recap:
2011 TRX4 package, 68k miles, with a topper priced at $14,900.

When you were shopping for your Laramie, how does this compare for pricing? I know the Laramie is a higher trim level.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Here is my 08. Not much for mods so far. Lowered 2" in the back with shackles. Gonna trim a loop off the coils to get the front down. Maybe pull a leaf out of the back too. Also put a set of 20s of the '13 rams.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Thats a sexy looking truck. I like those new 20s on that truck, they look great. The 4x4 emblem really threw me off though haha.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah it's a 4x. Haha, those emblems are gone now. I need a 4x4 up here between the snow and camping out west in the mountains. I did the exhaust on it and fabbed a cold air intake for it. Now I'm just gathering parts for a hemi swap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here’s a look at my 2008 Dodge Dakota She’s still going strong after all these years and never let me down once. 215,000km (133,500miles) on the odometer and she always fires up on the first turn every time... even in -50 weather. Purrs like a kitten, no lifter tap... Pulls the camper like a champ with my suspension mods. I love this truck and if they came out with a new one today I’d buy it. I’m not a big guy and the Dakota is the perfect size for me and my needs.

-Superchips FlashPack tuner
-K&N Cold Air Intake
-magnaflow dual tip cat back exhaust
-265R16 Wild Country Tires
-Powder Coated rims black
-LineX coated box with tonneau cover
-Throttle body Spacer
-Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags on the rear axle
-front leveling kit and 3” blocks on the back axle
-tow package added
-fender flares
-AVS bug deflector and window ventshades
-Custom decals
-Ram Dakota rebadged
-all lights converted to LEDs
-custom molded sub box behind back seat
-aftermarket touch screen radio head unit
-new paint job in 2018
-1 1/4” wheel spacers

Soon: lift kit (sitting in a box waiting to get installed )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts