Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to have to have some subs behind a reg cab dakota? it looks awful **** tight!!!! i want somw bump give any suggestions on some customs mods please thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am also looking for a way to fit a box in my Kota. I have a quad cab, and it doesnt look like there is much room behind the seats for anything. Any suggestions?

· Registered
118 Posts
Only hope for a QC is an MTX single 10" setup which I've heard mixed reviews on, or to go with a custom enclosure. If you're real good with numbers and fiberglass, it's possible to build a box to hide 2 10" subs back there. I'm woring on one for my QC to house 2 Kicker S10L7 subs.

· Registered
2,027 Posts
I have a small truck box behind my drivers seat with a Crossfire DB310 in it. I had to have my seat where it always was or no sub, and thank god we found a box at the shop that fit my truck. The amp is behind the passenger seat above the jack. I wish i could do 2 10's but i want to keep my jack in the truck.

· Registered
128 Posts
I have the reg. cab with bench seats in my dak. There is plenty of room to mount a sub. I used to run two 12's without a problem (seat set foward about an inch, no biggie), but it took up all of my back seat. So i sold them, and got a Kicker Solobaric S10L5 and built a box almost as big, but have the amp mounted in the small space left open, which gives me a small cubby-hole style storage area. It came out pretty good too. The mounting depth is so deep for the solobaric's that i have the seat set foward almost 2 inches, but it is still quite comfortable. I haven't found anywhere that already makes a box ready to go for the reg cabs, but im pretty handy, so i measured, drew, measured, measured, then cut and measured.

Best bet would be to measure the depth behind the seat, then go shopping for wood (if you have the tools and know-how). just make sure to account for the 1 and 1/4" of wood for the box. If you want, go to theRockford Fosgate website, they have a box size calculator.

Hope i helped somebody :biggthump

· Registered
12 Posts
I've got a reg cab. The eaiest thing to do is remove the middle console or mid seat and make a box yourself. Cover it in grey felt or carpet to blend in. Build a cup holder section in front if you wish also. As soon as i get my digi back ill tak a pic of what i did. I love it so much more than giving up leg room. Just giving a suggestion.
-Mike

· Registered
137 Posts

1 RE SX 12= almost enough bass (for a basshead :D )... we'll see how it sounds ported.

also kinda screams steal me, but between bein smart about the volume and people around and the 2 way alarm, security screws, tinted windows so far so good. plus we have a gate at home and dont like to go more than 100 feet from her :jester:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bigtexantim said:

also kinda screams steal me, but between bein smart about the volume and people around and the 2 way alarm, security screws, tinted windows so far so good. plus we have a gate at home and dont like to go more than 100 feet from her :jester:[/QUOTE]

thats what they made full coverage insurance for. when the stuff gets stolen you get to have brand new things. :mullet:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.