Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Jay
11,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just got my kenne bell and not even a day later i am already running into isues. I have a 72MM F&B TB that i wanted to use for the blower but its bigger than the inlet tube on the KB. Should i get a smaller TB or should i just port the inlet tube on the KB? here is a pic with the TB open showing the part of the inlet that sticks out on the left side.

There isnt that much room to grind down on the inlet, but i should be able to at least bevel it down to help smooth the air flow if i stay with this size TB. The red shows the area that sticks out.

sorry for the crappy cell phone pics

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
From what I see, not to much to work with there. However, with boost, why would it matter? Your going to force more air in anyway... You can only push in what you can send anyway!

Boyle's Law...

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
beveling (only) out the hole should show great improvements and should be quite easy to do without any complications.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
just bevel the edge so its smooth. and leave it like that.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
what you got?

70mm F&B. But in all honesty right now I couldn't trade with yah in full confidence because I am having some idling problems with my truck and don't know if it is the TB causing it or what. I have to swap the TPS sensors but I'm gonna have to call up Bruce to see if we can try to troubleshoot it over the phone or something. I wouldn't want to trade you TB's something possibly be wrong with this one I have, just not right in my book.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'll buy that F&B off ya

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Anything you can do to get pre-blower airflow up, will increase power/boost and drop IATs.

Definitely open up the blower inlet or even consider a larger throttle body if it is availble.

·
Outlaws Phone Warden
12,864 Posts
Anything you can do to get pre-blower airflow up, will increase power/boost and drop IATs.

Definitely open up the blower inlet or even consider a larger throttle body if it is availble.
The way I read it, the tb is bigger than the intake on the KB..... I would just bevel the edge of the KB to smooth out the airflow....... or just leave it be....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts