Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my truck to the track tonight for the first time. I lost all five times but it was still fun. Here's my slips:

Reaction-1.312 60'-2.594 ET-10.100
1.177 2.690 10.251
.979 2.592 10.101
.855 .001??? 10.369
.704 .001??? 10.236

The truck is a 99 R/T club cab. I have mopar headers with true duals, M1, 52mm TB, MSD ignition and wires, superchips and shaker hood. I don't know if those times are decent or not. My first run was against a honda prelude and the rest were against my friends mustang GT. I can't wait to go again.

·
G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
gotta work on your reaction time my friend. i realise its your first time though... :biggthump

nice runs though. see that it was an 1/8 mile track. never did like them though. goota find a 1/4 mile track close to ya. (if there is one..lol). anyways, glad to see you had fun though, and that, is the name of the game.

jd

·
Dakota for Life!
1,961 Posts
9RT9, It was fun wasn't it? I had a best e.t. of 10.378, 2.58 60 ft at 70 mph with my 99 5.2 dak. Let's get a group of Daks to go on Dec 9th and run down some mustangs, GM trucks and ricers. Notice I didn't say lightnings? I got smoked by one. Oh well! See you next time.

realdeal7369, you're right about the 1/8 mile. Just as you're having fun and the motor gets to pullin, it's time to lift. But at least we have somewhere to go for our horsepower fix.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey ScojoDak, It was fun that's for sure. I'll be there on the 9th. I know there will be some GM trucks there on the 9th so we can play with them. If anyone else is interested it was only $20 to run as many times as you want. It's done in the parking lot of QualCom stadium in San Diego. Hope to see some other people there next time.

·
Now Nitrous Injected!!!
704 Posts
ScojoDak said:
9RT9, It was fun wasn't it? I had a best e.t. of 10.378, 2.58 60 ft at 70 mph with my 99 5.2 dak. Let's get a group of Daks to go on Dec 9th and run down some mustangs, GM trucks and ricers. Notice I didn't say lightnings? I got smoked by one. Oh well! See you next time.

realdeal7369, you're right about the 1/8 mile. Just as you're having fun and the motor gets to pullin, it's time to lift. But at least we have somewhere to go for our horsepower fix.

We can get some Lightnings. You keep him desracted (sp) ScojoDak and I'll air out his tires. :biggthump

·
Dakota for Life!
1,961 Posts
Yellow318 said:
We can get some Lightnings. You keep him desracted (sp) ScojoDak and I'll air out his tires. :biggthump
You're on to something there. Who was it that said "if you're not cheating, you're not trying hard enough"?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Glad to see you've been bitten by the racing bug.
The first thing you need to do though is don't worry about the car in the other lane. Race your lane.
If you have a better reaction time then the other driver and your truck runs consistantly then you would probably beat them every time in a bracket race.

I started racing my Durango this year, and ran the Summit Series. Believe my I was usually the slowest vehicle their.

By the end of the year I had won a race been to 2 other semi finals and 2 qtr finals. I finished 7th in the points and that was because I had missed two races. Just showing up would have been worth 40 points and would have put me in 6th.

Just keep at it and your reaction times will come down and you will learn how to get the truck off the line better and get your 60ft times down.

Most of all have fun at it.

·
R/Tless...for now
2,640 Posts
Congrats on your first time to the track! You need traction, badly. With practice you should be able to get your 60' times down to 2.0-2.1 on street tires, and better with a sticky tire (drag radial or slick). It's all in the launch, that's the most important part of the race. I'd work on the launch first, then worry about the tree. But a good way to start working the tree is to leave when you see the third amber light, if you see the green, you're too late. Best of luck, and keep us posted on your progress! :biggthump

·
Registered
73 Posts
You can do much bettter than what you are pulling.

Same truck same headers, cai, self ported TB, no cats, and exhaust I was running 9.8's on a 2.4 60ft. You have much more, so you really have room for improvement. Thats the fun part though :biggthump

Then on a 75 shot of juice im at 9.2 also with a 2.4 60ft.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.