Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I have mag wheels that need to be re-polished really bad... I spent about an hour and a half hand polishing one wheel with some rags and mothers mag polish and it looks decent but not as good as new. my question is what is the best way to polish these wheels... I want something a bit less tiring then a rag and elbow grease... maybe a drill attachment or something, I went to auto zone, pep boys, checker and walmart looking for some sort of polishing kit that would hook up to a drill but came up with nothing. so I have one shiny wheel and the rest are dull... any advise besides just hand polishing???

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I just saw a new ad for a kit from Mother's for polishing wheels. It is polish and puff ball for attaching to a drill.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i bought the flitz wheel polishing kit a while back and i finally used it today... AWESOME! its like the mothers power ball in that it attaches to a drill but its made differently like a shreaded shammy or somthing.... it workes wonders thou... i used mothers mag and wheel polish and the wheels shined right up, i havent polished the wheels once in the 2 years ive had them and they looked like crap... good product!

http://www.flitz-polish.com/products.asp?product_id=MFL13&CAT=

·
Clean Machine!
2,219 Posts
Eastwood makes great stuff, heres one for example, they do make others that cost less too:

polish kit

·
Dakota Enthusiast
406 Posts
Flitz can do it all.

Use it to polish any metal, polish oxidized paint, restore fiberglass & plastic, as well as windows.

I am an authorized Flitz dealer.

Feel free to ask any questions, or visit our website for deals and kits.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I recommend Flitz myself. I used both Mother's and Flitz on a wheel. Using less elbow grease and in less time, the Flitz side came out much better and a lot more shiny. I knew it was removing dirt and oxidation because the rag turned black. lol

·
Dakota Enthusiast
406 Posts
The thing is, once you polish, if you want the oxidation to stay off longer, we recommend to use our wax over it.

I never thought to put a coat of wax over a polish job on metals.

The wax's two main ingredients are Carnuba and Beeswax, and beeswax is a natural UV protectant. The sun does a lot of the oxidation damage.

·
Bring back Intense Blue
793 Posts
Eastwood makes great stuff, heres one for example, they do make others that cost less too:

polish kit
I just picked up that eastwood kit for my pops Bike. Eastwood is right down The street form me and they make awesome stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts