Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, ive got a set of silver r/t rims, but i really like the look of the chrome r/t rims, i was wondering if it would be possible to sand blast them then get a polishing compound (if they make such a thing), and polish them. And if it is possible what about the center cap? could i just buy a set of chrome ones to match or would it be a big difference. thanx for the input

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am not sure on that but check out this thread.... http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6732

It is for chrome wheel skins. I am sure they would have your size too if you looked around a bit. Probably cheaper and easier to go this route but these are just plastic with a chrome plating. Just a recommendation if you didn't know these were out there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok cool, i really would like to do this, but wut bout the center cap would a chrome one work?

·
Blown and Squirted
2,513 Posts
It will work, but your center caps will never match, even if you get the chrome ones. I was planning on doing this until I realised the center cap hang up. The only thing I can think of is sending your silver caps out to get a special finish on them, maybe you can get somebody to cut new centers for you on a lathe or somin then polish em up to match.

·
14 Second Club
262 Posts
If you do this, spray a few coats of clearcoat on the wheels after they have been poished, this will help prevent them from corroding/oxidizing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.