Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
201 Posts
Any cap and rotor kit that has brass terminals is fine. There isn't really one that's much, if at all, better than another with one exception...Wells. The NAPA Echlin brand is excellent, as is Borg-Warner and Standard. Avoid Wells like the plague though. Worst junk you can install, and it's AutoZone's brand du jour.
(You could just save yourself a lot of headache by just avoiding AutoZone altogether!)

For wires, I'm extremely impressed with NAPA's Belden MAX wire set. For the money, I haven't found anything yet that even comes close. These are true high-performance wires at a stock replacement price. Lifetime warranty too!

For plugs, I personally insist on running Champion in anything Mopar. Run either the stock RC12LC4 copper plug, or if durability is a concern, the #4071 Truck Plug. I prefer the former and just changing them more frequently.

· G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
msd 8.8mm wires, and ive had some good luck with the autolights. 3923 on the back two cylinders, and 3924 on the rest. (this tended to stop the pinging problem on my old rams 5.2), along with the 180 t-stat. havent really experimented with any other plugs though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.