Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Never Satisfied
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for a retailer up here in Canada for a lower temp t-stat for my Dakota.. with zero luck. I have been told that most Autozone's in the southern US have them on the shelves.

Can someone in Fla, Tx, Cali.. somewhere down there take a stroll in and see if they have the Robert Shaw 180° - part # GT-755-180

They should sell for around $7 - $9 ... I'll pay shipping and even chip in a couple bucks gas $ if you need it.

Please let me know... Thanks all!

Rob :help:

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
I'll take a look tomorrow when i get up and let ya know what i find ...

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
Just buy one for a 5.2 or 5.9 Dakota or Ram. They're the same size, and whether or not it's made for the 4.7 or not, it'll fit. You just have to notch a bit out for the gasket to fit, and put it in. I bought 3 of them and they all worked just fine, I can assure you this is the best way. Not to mention they only cost about $2-$5.

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
yeah autozone said he had never heard of that brand ... sorry man ..

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
good luck finding any new Robert Shaw t-stats. any 180 t-stat will work just fine. cheaper if ya say its for a Ram.

·
Never Satisfied
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for taking the time to dig for me guys.. very much appreciated!

ok.. so how do I go about asking for one from the not so bright parts counter people here in my area?

do I say it's for a ram.. or a dak with a 360? most want to start with the usual make/model/year/engine/ etc etc etc..

or if anyone has a brand/part number for what they've used i'm sure that'll shorten the frustration period with the counter staff.. lol

thanks again..

Rob

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
Just say a 2000 Dakota R/T with the 360. Also, don't go with the cheapest 180 t-stat for it. I had one stick open, and the more expensive ones aren't prone to as much failure.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know this is an old post, but it seems that these thermstats are getting hard to find...

I went to autozone (and 4 other parts places) and no go on any of them.

I found thermostats at JC whitney, but they arent vehicle specific, any thoughts on the Omnix brand from whitney?

·
Never Satisfied
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
afsigma21 said:
I know this is an old post, but it seems that these thermstats are getting hard to find...

I went to autozone (and 4 other parts places) and no go on any of them.

I found thermostats at JC whitney, but they arent vehicle specific, any thoughts on the Omnix brand from whitney?
not a problem. i ended up going with a Stant part #13008 which is a 180 for the 5.9L. I have yet to install it but I'm told I just need to make a small notch for it to work in the 4.7L.

·
shake them babies
3,550 Posts
local autozone sold me a "DuraLast" brand t-stat. all i asked was for a 180 thermostat for 2003 3.9 v6, this the only part they had for that criteria. total cost with a gasket was $7. i've yet to install it but i did verify it works by boiling it.

curious if anyone ended up with a thermostat brand that wasn't listed in the parts page also :confused:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ended up with a NAPA one, no one else seemed to have them. Stant rep said they dont make one, and no one carries Shaw,

Napa had it in stock for $7, Napa brand, #530080 "Superstat" just made the notch and it went right in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts