Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am looking for some help with rims.. I see numerous dakotas on this forum with the American Wheel Torq Thrust II... I do not understand how these rims fit the dakotas. I have a 2003 4.7L stampede. Upon research this is my rim size 6-114.3mm (6x4.5")... Does anyone know which one of these rims will fit my vehicle? Sorry not to familiar with rim fitting

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=thrust+2+6x4.5&_sacat=0

·
Registered
62 Posts
Width will depend on which tire you’re planning to run. I run a 15x8 black steel wheel with a 33x12.50 tire on it.

6 x 4.5 is the correct bolt pattern for small Dodges (Ram’s use the much more common 6 x 5.5) like the Dakota and Durango.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Width will depend on which tire you’re planning to run. I run a 15x8 black steel wheel with a 33x12.50 tire on it.

6 x 4.5 is the correct bolt pattern for small Dodges (Ram’s use the much more common 6 x 5.5) like the Dakota and Durango.
Thank you for quick response! Still confused to how I see pictures of dakotas with the American Torq thrust IIs?? I cannot find any rim in that style thats 6x4.5, is there any type of adapter that will make this fit (does not make sense to me that there would be. Nice truck by the way..

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/1?q=6x4.5+american+thrust&client=safari&hl=en-us&biw=414&bih=719&tbs=vw:l,ss:44&prmd=sivn&prds=num:1,of:1,epd:5695027844436259323,paur:ClkAsKraX20amVuFjd3uQY1klWx5vUWSIUQ3Y6uEZphuSWpiGGupUCazXIsBoHq3N-we59-iqDqDyelO1Y1se-oEnT_n-xQJ5Sc-0RtG6dMLp8rynPgBrzOEAxIZAFPVH71FUEMRfYFciBlPAB257GcBtA8nIw,prmr:1,pid:5695027844436259323,cs:1

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you want to stay in the "sub-$150 each" range, unless you want black wheels, chrome or polished are few and far between. After that prices jump pretty quick for the fancier stuff. Nissan Xterra and Frontier share our lug pattern. My factory alloy 16x8 have a +25 offset. I just finished a body lift with new tires and wheels. Discount Tire couldn't find a full set of chrome or polished I wanted nation wide, not a fan of black wheels, so I went with Gun Metal. It'll be easier to match paint on custom bumpers later.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
antlmusi93

If you want to stay in the "sub-$150 each" range, unless you want black wheels, chrome or polished are few and far between. After that prices jump pretty quick for the fancier stuff. Nissan Xterra and Frontier share our lug pattern. My factory alloy 16x8 have a +25 offset. I just finished a body lift with new tires and wheels. Discount Tire couldn't find a full set of chrome or polished I wanted nation wide, not a fan of black wheels, so I went with Gun Metal. It'll be easier to match paint on custom bumpers later.
I do like the looks of your rim... debating on going with a wheel adapter to change bolt pattern from 6x4.5 to 6x5.5 to expand selections

1 - 6 of 6 Posts