Dakota Durango Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
lol i had to replace mine on my ram. its like petrock said i didnt know til i replaced them then it went away.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,752 Posts
lol i had to replace mine on my ram. its like petrock said i didnt know til i replaced them then it went away.
I actually tested mine with a multi-meter before replacing it. :) Got the spec from the service manual, and it was out of spec. After replacing it and it fixed the problem I took it apart and found that it had a loose wire in bad secondary winding, so it wasn't able to build up enough juice to fire the spark plugs properly when the motor was shaking alot.

·
Registered
17 Posts
did you figure out what the problem was? my raider bogs down in 3rd and 4th gear if your driving normally. if you get on it a little and keep the rpms up, its fine. it also shakes from 30-40 if your not on the gas to get the rpms up. any ideas?

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
did you figure out what the problem was? my raider bogs down in 3rd and 4th gear if your driving normally. if you get on it a little and keep the rpms up, its fine. it also shakes from 30-40 if your not on the gas to get the rpms up. any ideas?
My idea is an o2 sensor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Im going to take it to the dealer tomorrow and see what they say.

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nope. I wish it was throwin a code but its not

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
Nope. I wish it was throwin a code but its not
Been there, felt a problem for about 200 miles wishing for a code with a clogged cat before an o2 threw a code.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah im hopin my dealer can figure it out. They're usually really good. Ill post what I find out tomorrow

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
The dealer's going to rape you. My next door neighbor is a mechanic who works out of his barn full time. My uncle is also a mechanic, you don't know anybody?

• Love
Reactions: A. Bennallack

·
Registered
17 Posts
Most other places here are really expensive too.I know one guy but he charges almost ad much as the dealer

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
I guess you'll have that with a mitsubishi lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey now! Haha it is a dodge dealer, although it is probably true. I guess if they can figure out what's wrong I just wanna get it fixed

·
Registered
3 Posts
The dealer's going to rape you. My next door neighbor is a mechanic who works out of his barn full time. My uncle is also a mechanic, you don't know anybody?
Wood Font Line Rectangle Poster

Have a mechanic diagnosis the vehicle in front of you, ask for the print out, and see what you can do yourself. YouTube is amazing, so are
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Plant Car

these forum's. Hope this helps.

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
585 Posts
That was 10 years ago!

• Haha
Reactions: immattj

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok update.... I changed spark plugs, coils, tps, ais, map sensor, and now injectors.
Ais was bad, injectors are bad to. So $500 later. I'm back to normal.
Guess when you over heat, it takes all the above components out, in one shot. So never allow that to happen, when possible.
So my next purchase, a 3 core aluminum radiator!!!!
happy New year 2022!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
Ok update.... I changed spark plugs, coils, tps, ais, map sensor, and now injectors.
Ais was bad, injectors are bad to. So $500 later. I'm back to normal.
Guess when you over heat, it takes all the above components out, in one shot. So never allow that to happen, when possible.
So my next purchase, a 3 core aluminum radiator!!!!
happy New year 2022!!!!
What update, this isn't your thread.
Im sorry, this made me spit lunch out of my mouth!!! LMAO

Good stuff.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts