Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
What tha duece?!
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 Durango SLT......my seatbelt light stays lit and my back up lights do not work. For the reverse lights, I have checked the fuses and bulbs all are good. I checked the sockets with the truck running in reverse (wife had the brakes) with a multi meter and am not getting power to the sockets. Are the reverse lights wired into the neutral safety switch on the trans or is there a sensor elsewhere? As for the seatbelt light, I did not see anything unplugged under the seat. Is there somewhere else I should look? Thanks in advance,

Vance

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine did the same thing. I replaced the neutral safety switch, and that fixed it. Are your brake lights working? If you are not getting power to your brake lights either, check the brake switch sensor. It is mounted on the little cross bar down by your brake pedal. Not down at the floor, but farther up on the bar that attaches to the brake pedal. As far as the seatbelt light, I have no idea there. Do you have power seats? Do they work? I would guess there would have to be some sort of wire that would come off your seatbelt latch assembly. So when you click the belt in, it would connect that circuit and tell it the belt is latched.

Good luck

Shawn

S

·
0 Posts
About the seatbelt problem... I had the prob with my 01 Ranger that I had and took it to the dealer and they replaced the tension release sensor in the seatbelt assembly itself where it rolls back up.

·
What tha duece?!
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good. Thanks for the replys. Im not looking foward to replacing a neutral safety switch......oh well. Thanks again guys!!

S

·
0 Posts
I just found the receipt for the warranty work on my Ranger that I had. They replaced what they called a "Seatbelt Pretensioner". Maybe that will help you. Course DC will probably charge you an arm and a leg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts