Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It had just rained and I was comming home from work. Our main road is two lanes each way divided, 45 is the limit. I am in the left lane and a white c5 body style vette pulls into the right lane from a side street. When i am about to pass him he gets on it. I started to roll onto it then noticed the next light was turning.
So I coasted up next to him. We were were lucky and caught 3 lights and went from each of em.
The first time we left about the same, but as I pressed it to the floor after the lauch i lit em up at the top of first. The next two light we both got off cleanly. I nosed him out both times to about 50mph. It appears as tho he was granny shifting because he would drop back pretty far then catch back up. I dont think my truck is faster then a c5 vette so I guess he was just underestimating his traction on the lauch. How fast are these cars stock?

Either way I had fun and the guy was kool about it, when I needed to turn off he flashed his lights and I honked a few times at him.

·
Registered
388 Posts
most magazine tests show 0-60 in 4.2-4.5 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 12.8 or so...they are seriously fast cars. I dunno maybe he was just messing around or worried about the wet road? Those are nice...if only I had the cash...the new zo6 is 500 hp, 427 ci... :bow:

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
umm, maybe I said c6 and meant c5, its not the brand new one, its the relatively new body style, but there are tons of them on the road, and it was not a z06.

I edited the original post. What do the c5s do 0-60 in?

And it didnt sound like he was just toying with me, the motor in the vette was screaming, he was winding it up before shifts.

·
Registered
396 Posts
a c5 usually runs right around 4.5...the guy must have sucked at driving

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I will chalk this up to the fastest car I have beat, (not that my truck is faster than it, but I did win 2 of the 3.) Pales in comparison to the fastest car I've lost to- Ferarri Enzo.

·
Registered
388 Posts
woah u've seen an enzo on the road? let alone lost to one? wow...those cars are something else, imo the only nicer ferrari (though slower?) is the f50, that thing was sex on wheels....u know who i really hate, that guy on the tv show fifth gear who earns a living driving all the nice cars and talking about them. Now there's a career that's rewarding. I remember seeing their special on speed channel "5th gear's greatest cars" and the last segment was him driving a mclaren f1. All i was saying is "#[email protected] u, i hate u, i hate u, i hate u" LOL. Anyhoo good runs, fun times! :D

S

·
0 Posts
if it had just rained im sure he was probably scared, i get that way too especially because my back tires are slicks right now :mullet:. I cant even let it downshift at 60 in the rain most of the time because i will get sideways and i raced a stock c5 one day on dry and he stomped me bad.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeh, racing the enzo was quite and experience.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I took an anniversary Vet last summer. He was all shits and grins at the light but when he came up to the next light and I was already there the grins went away. He would have beaten me if we had raced longer but a win is a win in anyone’s book.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts