Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI. Brand new here and just bought a 2001 Quad Cab Sport. I'm looking for info on the Pillar Pods. With gas prices going the way they are I thought I'd install some kind of vacuum/manifold pressure gauge so I can monitor how far I have my foot into the carb. My questions are:

1. What gauge(s) would you recommend
2. Would you recommend 1, 2, or the 3, pillar option
3. Other then the vacuum gage what would be your choices for any others,
4. How does the pod install and is the handle removed?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
3 from http://www.gaugepods.com
I just got mine today. I plan on running
oil temp
trans temp
and undecided on the 3rd....

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
I put all Dakota Digital temperature gauges in mine. Oil, transmission (in the pan), and coolant as it comes out of the engine.

·
Jay
11,490 Posts
when i get mine i will have two duel needle air pressure gauges and one single needle air pressure gauge....for the baggs... :woot: :mullet: :woot:

·
I Heart Boost...and M/T's
5,951 Posts
I have a boost/vaccum :biggthump :biggthump , And a air/fuel gauge. Im still undecided if I want to get the AAR pilar. 100 bucks saved.

·
Registered
275 Posts
rockadaous said:
3 from http://www.gaugepods.com
I just got mine today. I plan on running
oil temp
trans temp
and undecided on the 3rd....

i have that same gauge pod but mine is painted the dark agate color i have the autometer cobalt series gauges with air/fuel ratio, water temperature, and transmission temperature

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
got pics. I was thinking of getting the cobalts

·
Registered
275 Posts
no pics of mine but here is a couple of pics of moparsz gauges i hope he doesn't mind me posting these my air/fuel ratio gauge does not light up like his does i wished it did

night

day

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
nice. :biggthump

·
Registered
426 Posts
How hard are these to install 1:to the pillar and 2:hook up to the engine to monitor stuff?

Thanks.

·
"Fuchengruhvin"
1,759 Posts
Hey moparsz and others

Where did you buy the Cobalt gauges? My buddy can't get a license yet to distribute the Autometer's and I want the best price on them. I'm getting the 6191 Voltmeter, 6157 Trans Temp and the 6156 Oil Temp gauges - all full sweep electrical.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
how did you guys wire the air/fuel ratio? O2 sensor? also did you pick up a kit to drill the pan sensor? any tips would be appreciated

rock

·
Registered
275 Posts
pm sent on the air/fuel gauge my transmission temp sensor in mouted using a T-fitting in the transmission line i used a 3/8 compression fitting to install the T-fitting

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
00Bluequad said:
pm sent on the air/fuel gauge my transmission temp sensor in mouted using a T-fitting in the transmission line i used a 3/8 compression fitting to install the T-fitting
sweet. better than drilling which i was try'n to avoid doing.

rock

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
no cooler as of yet, but I've been looking at a remote filter hookup with a place for a stat. http://www.summitracing.com has it

44RE trans
318 engine

·
Registered
275 Posts
on the passenger side of your transmission there is a small plug take it out and install the sensor that came with the gauge it will fit perfectly there that's where i installed mine on a dodge ram i used to have worked great

1 - 20 of 41 Posts