Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Car Audio God
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Jason (undercoverpunk)!

Just had to get that out of the way first, I'll prolly be saying it a few more times.

Anyways...WOOT!!!!!!!

These things are pimpin! I love them...and now...onto the pics!

WOOT...special hidden message:

WOW!!!!
HUGE THANKS TO JASON!

Without him, this would have never even been THOUGHT of. I'm so happy with just these results. In the coming weeks they will be bondo-d, sanded, sanded, sanded, skimmed, sanded, sanded, primered, wet-sand, painted, whew. Should be done in time for the Cincy Meet!

Thanks for looking fellas! Let me know what you think!

NG

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
Man looks sweet what ya putting in there... :mullet:

·
Car Audio God
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DakotaLivLrg said:
Man looks sweet what ya putting in there... :mullet:
Well, temporarily:
-CDT EF61cfi/25 components (Upgraded 560 xover and upgraded 1" silk tweets)
Powered by a PG Tantrum 400.4 (bridged, 230rms x 2).

Within the next month I'll be going with custom DIY components:
-RE Audio XXX6.5's
-Vifa 1" Neodymium Tweeters
-Coustic XM6 active xover (on it's way)

Woo!!!!

NG

·
Registered
277 Posts
cant really see with the reflecting light blinding me off those white legs!! get some sun!!! :jester: :joke:

looks like some really nice work. what are the specs on the enclosures? Cant wait to see some installed pics :mullet:

·
Car Audio God
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bigtexantim said:
cant really see with the reflecting light blinding me off those white legs!! get some sun!!! :jester: :joke:

looks like some really nice work. what are the specs on the enclosures? Cant wait to see some installed pics :mullet:
The enclosures will end up right around .25 cubes NET sealed. I'll be measuring the approximate volume after the interior is glassed.

NG

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
ngsm13 said:
Well, temporarily:
-CDT EF61cfi/25 components (Upgraded 560 xover and upgraded 1" silk tweets)
Powered by a PG Tantrum 400.4 (bridged, 230rms x 2).

Within the next month I'll be going with custom DIY components:
-RE Audio XXX6.5's
-Vifa 1" Neodymium Tweeters
-Coustic XM6 active xover (on it's way)

Woo!!!!

NG
sweet man ..some nice work there ... :biggthump

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
So I gotta ask a stupid question (cause I'm SOOO good at em) How do you mount that fiberglass piece to your door once it's done...

I've always thought of making somthing custom for my truck, not that I need it, but I want to... In all honesty I'd just like to make a custom deal for the backseat so I can use the space the truck has... I got 2 10" Comp VRs that are needing a home bad....

·
Car Audio God
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MeanThree18 said:
So I gotta ask a stupid question (cause I'm SOOO good at em) How do you mount that fiberglass piece to your door once it's done...

I've always thought of making somthing custom for my truck, not that I need it, but I want to... In all honesty I'd just like to make a custom deal for the backseat so I can use the space the truck has... I got 2 10" Comp VRs that are needing a home bad....
Well, some people actually glass it onto the body panel it's. I'll be screwing it onto mo body panel in multiple places and finishing over top of it!

NG

·
Car Audio God
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MORE PICS FELLAS!!!

UndercoverPunk said:
REQ, no hard feeling... it was all in good fun, which you understood, so ... right right...

Here's a pic of Noah looking like a queer..., cutting off some extra fleece.

The backset portion turned out REALLY well, esp. considering I cut the fleece a little short so we had to stretch the living **** out of it.

It should add enough volume to make 6.5"s really shine. And as far as the not adding glass to the inside, that's the only thing I disagree with you on REQ. I don't want these things (that aren't even mine) to flex and resonate at ALL and because they will eventually house some powerful mids we beefed them up... alot. The origional mold had a minimum of 6 layers, but most of it had atleast 8 layers of mat, in some spots that I did (doing 2-3 layers of mat at a time) there are ~12 layers of glass. The inset was done with resin on both sides and 2-4 layers of glass (on each side). These little bastards are STRONG!!!!

We got alot done in the last 2 days... I captured a shot of a real live hot glue gun pRon star, I made a custom grille for the eD k 12's my friend bought from Njizm,.... I even got the chance to break Noah's thumb when he tried to tell me how to fiberglass.

I was alot of fun, esp. when Noah tought the guy in the Honda what happens when you cut him off.:hilariou: I'm still LMFAO about that.

I can't wait till wednesday when I glass the insides, that's right I took them with me...:rolleyes:
All under-lined stuff is clickable for pics!!

Also...check out what me and a friend of mine did ;)
UndercoverPunk said:
No, no he doesn't, just being an attention *****...

Now for the meat and potatos...

I finished up the construction portion of NGSM13's door pods today, just thought you all might want some PICTURES!!!!

I started off by cutting out the mounts, which was the followed by taking back some airspace.

Dowel rods? Who the hell needs dowel rods? Not me, or subsequently NJizzm.

After that little ordeal I went to town, reinforging the living hell outta these doorpods. There's a MINIMUM of 3-4 layers everywhere, with a few spots getting up to 6-8 full layers.

These babies are rock solid, don't believe me?

Ok so maybe you're thinking, "Yeah they're strong for door pods, but they're not holding THAT much weight...."
Well these things are beefy enough to hold 145lbs of skinny white boy all by themselves...

And thanks to the backset they have quite a bit of volume...

Questions? Comments? Whatever...

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
Don't huge pods like that get in your way when driving? Everyone has them, I think they look a bit goofy on the Gen 2 Interiors, But on Gen3 they are beautiful.

I dunno, maybe I just am to damned big for a Lil Dakota... (6'4)

·
Car Audio God
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MeanThree18 said:
Don't huge pods like that get in your way when driving? Everyone has them, I think they look a bit goofy on the Gen 2 Interiors, But on Gen3 they are beautiful.

I dunno, maybe I just am to damned big for a Lil Dakota... (6'4)
Nope, other people have them stick out EVEN MORE :drive:

NG

1 - 14 of 14 Posts