Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help:

We need several area Dakotas to join us (several other Mopars) in competing against a group of GM's on April 17th and against Lightnings in November. The November Lightning match is our big deal event but first things first.

This match is heads-up, not brackets. I mention this as some folks get a littlle quezy in the stomach in heads up racing.

Below are a few of the cars the GM guys are bringing to the first match (April 17th) for our little gathering; they will have a total of 10 cars. They also have one new stock GTO coming - anyone up to running with a GTO? I think they run 14's stock. If so, you will be joining a crack (head) Mopar Team of 10 cars ranging from near bone stock to modified to help with the racing duties. Actually, the Mopar guys are a great bunch, very loyal to mopar brothren... no crack heads :mullet:

Partial GM team roster:

GM1, Tom S, 64 Buick, 455, carb, PI#106

GM12, Chris, Regal T, 231 Turbo, licensed, 11.5 Dot's, PI#?

GM85, Dan B, 87 Buick GN, Black, 3.8 Turbo, no bar, PI#90

GM18, Jack, 87 Buick GN, Black, 3.8 turbo, PI#95

GM86, Randy, 97 Z28, White, 350, licensed, 245 dot, PI#64

GM89, Danny, 68 Camaro, 455, cage, 13.5 slicks, PI# 150

If interested post here or e-mail me and I'll get you more info and set in the right direction to make it happen.
[email protected]

www.outrunU.com

:drive:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Sounds like it'll be an awesome time for whoever goes...great cars for sure.
What's the list look like for the mopar side because so far those cars you listed for the gm camp look pretty mean :( . Sidenote, the 05 ls2 gto is a low 13/high 12 sec car stock, the 04 ls1 is mid to high 13s.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the GM guys always bring out some nice stuff. One of those 68 Camaro's that they have listed is a monster. The other 68 is nice also but near stock. Not sure who will line up against that big one but it'll have to be something stout.

Your's truely (M3) will be running the big block Buick. That is one georgeous car, it's street legal and he's good on the tree. We have been waiting for this match up for almost a year - I'm ready to get it on. :banana2:

In our program you get points for your team if you get the tree.
Points format is:
3pts for the win light
2pts for the best reaction time
1 pt for participation (you got a time slip basiclly)

It's all in good fun but we would still like to win that match. The team with the most points wins. We should have video of the matches, which is always cool.

Here is what the current roster lools like on the MOpar side.

M3, John, 73 Challenger, 360 carb, 9" slicks, PI# 106

M66, Andy, 73 Dart, Yellow, 360, carb, dot, PI# 82

M-20 71 Ply Scamp,360.no bar.slicks,PI#84

M80, NinaBill, 440, carb, cage, Cuda, PI#?

M36, Greg A, 2000 Dakota R/T, licensed, 275 DOT, PI#?

M47, Tim W, 67 Dart, White, 360 carb, 9" slicks, no bar, PI#99

M77, Dave, 2005 SRT-4, Red, 2.4 efi PI#?

M63: '03 Dodge Neon SRT-4, Black, 2.4L (148ci), EFI, Turbo, No Bar, No Slicks, No Nitrous (PI#75)

We still have two spots open and maybe three if we have a cancellation before race day.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was a blast.
I lost one against a Buick GN and won one against a 455 Buick in the red and white challenger. Both were very close races. We only had one Dakota running in this race but he won his match against a Pontiac GTP.

The next one will be November 20th at SpeedWorld. We will have a much larger showing of Dakotas as they take on the Lightnings in their anual competition.

It's a ways off but you can sign up for it anytime between now and November. It will be at SpeedWorld in PHoenix and the cost if $20.00 to race.

:drive:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts