Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spacer plates do they work? Do they really whistle? :confused: I have a 2000 quad 4x4 4.7 with 3:55 gears. I was given a air raid spacer plate from a friend who didnt get to install it on thier own vehicle, so they didn't have a first hand experience with it. I tow a 4,200 lb trailer often during the summer and I am looking for small upgrades or ones that prove to be the best bang for the buck . I installed the air raid cold air induction kit and made a slight difference in gas mileage and torque. Also after cat exhaust .Same question do they work and what is the quietest.
"lifes a Journey..Not a destination".

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've known them to do good when they're under a carburetor.
Haven't read anything positive about them for the 4.7 engine.

S

·
0 Posts
The spacer plate wont do anything for our 4.7L's because these motors are direct port injection meaning that the fuel doesn't mix with the air until right before it goes into the cylinder. The spacer is supposed to help the air and fuel mix better which they do in carbuoreted motors because the fuel and air are mixed simultaneously before it enters the intake manifold. Hopefully that was halfway clear enough.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
00'4.7quad4x4 said:
Thats what I thought.. I did driveabilty for twenty years or better ,and My understanding of fuel injections vs carbureator I just couldn't see this happening . The companys web site shows a increase of 10 % Hp and after talking directly to aid air they reasured me of the notciable difference. I have installed spacer plates in carbureated cars before and have seen differeneces usally resulting in rpm range being pushed higher in the scale. Usally creates a cooler/heavier air pushed into the intake then the cylinders.Air aid claims :moon: higher torque readings and gas mileages :huh: Thanks alot for your input.Anyone want to buy a anodized paper weight.
"Life a Journey..Not a destination"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts