Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Mavrk said:
Does anyone know of any performance parts for a 2.5l dak. Air intake, dual exhaust, engine mod. Anything will help. Thanks.
There isn't much of an aftermarket for the 2.5 for the dakotas... BUT... you're in luck,... they put the 2.5L in the Wranglers... SO...... you might be able to check out the performance parts over there.

A turbocharger would be ideal for your 2.5.... and a 100 shot of nitrous..

Paul

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
tweetybyrdrt said:
Engine swap :hammer:
that's funny, but mean :dammit:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Real funny. I'd be lying to you though if I told you I wasn't already expecting that. 2 good things I can say about it though. It's great on gas. And I can still beat them s-10's around here.lol Engine swap is something I have thought about though. I heard the 4.7 L is faster than a 5.9L. Stock that is.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Mavrk said:
Engine swap is something I have thought about though. I heard the 4.7 L is faster than a 5.9L. Stock that is.
It's been said by many that the 4.7L is faster than the 5.9L stock... but... my view is, they're so close it doesn't matter... plus.. mod for mod, that 5.9L will roast a 4.7L.

Speaking of engine swaps.... no matter WHAT you swap in... you're gunna have headaches... and you're gunna be forkin' over the dow...... so why not go big... I say 408, its the most common, so if you have any questions.... theres MANY people to help you out with it, and the prices are reasonable.... from what I'm understanding.

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.