Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I know that technically you WILL loose performance with a heavier tire/wheel combo. But how bad are we talking? I'd really like to get a set of either 18/20 or 20/22's for my Dakota, but I've heard it does VERY adverse things to handling/braking/acceleration. Just how bad are we talking? I am sure the difference between 18's and 20's is huge, likewise the 20 to 22s... Could just get 18s all the way around, but what fun would that be? Currently I am runnin some lightweight 15x8 Aluminum wheels, and I love the impact they had over the stock wheels (Mainly the stick of the wider rubber)

Also, can I tuck a X8 on the front of a Gen 2 Dakota? That photoshop I did got me really hot... I wanna tuck rim BAD

·
14 Second Club
430 Posts
It all depends on what type of wheel yo are running. There are guys out there running CCwheel's that are 18's and weigh 15lbs+ less than a stock wheel and tire combo. It really depends on how much you are willing to spend.

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
I'm running 20s all around and I noticed a difference in decreased acceleration comparing to the stock wheels and tires I had. I'd also recommend getting some better brakes because your truck is not going to stop as well as it did with 15" wheels.

·
Registered
85 Posts
QuaTscH94 said:
I'm running 20s all around and I noticed a difference in decreased acceleration comparing to the stock wheels and tires I had. I'd also recommend getting some better brakes because your truck is not going to stop as well as it did with 15" wheels.

i agree, running 20's on a ride will increase the rolling mass of your vechicle and it will take a hell of a longer time if you kepp stock pads and rotors on. noticed that i had to get different braking system when doing 75 on i-94 and had to brake all the way down. i had at least ten car lenghts to stop, but imma telll ya if the shoulder of the highway was not there or blocked i woulda been in there back seat LITERALLY. THANK GOD :bow:

UNDER 20'S YOU RIDIN NATURAL, IM ON TWENTY-FOOOO'S

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.