Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am returning back to the states from iraq and i am putting on a stage 2 super chip, spintech exhaust, cold air intake, and a new thermostate, i was wondering is there going to be any lights coming on my gauge cluster telling me like check engine, or service vechile soon. if so what should i do :rant: :help:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
there may be a light that says trade that stage II chip for a hypertech programmer or mopar PCM :jester:

·
Registered
51 Posts
WOW!! I wouldn't pay 250 bucks for something im going to use once. why not go to bryan herters website: www.pcmforless.com and see if he can burn you a dodge chip. hes about 150 bucks cheaper. On my home forum www.impalassforum.com he is regarded as a god :biggthump other wise i would just go witha mopar chip :drive:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
??????????

whats the difference between the 3 different chips i have been looking this stuff up for 6 months and still cant tell the difference :help:

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
For 2000 and earlier model 5.9/5.2 dakotas and rams the mopar PCM, IMO, is the only way to go. It delivers the most performance out of the 3. Next i would go with the Hypertech/Superchips tuner. They dont change the shift points like the PCM but it does raise the speed limiter, changes fuel curve, and a few other things. The JET chip, well, i'll put it like this. Some people notice a slight difference and some people dont notice any difference whatsoever.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok

ok you guys where can i go to get a good cheap chip

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Follow the advice above, do not get a chip. Or are you confusing the above mentioned PCM and programmers with a "chip"?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts