Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should a performance chip (PCM I think they are called, is that right), for an '02 Durango R/T 5.9L run, and where would a good place to get it be? Also can they be installed easily, and does anyone have any instructions?

Tony

·
Scared? We're all scared
168 Posts
it is called the pcm. but i don't think that there are any replacement performance pcm's that are available for the 2001-current models. you can have your pcm reprogrammed by B&G or with the hypertech powerprogrammer.

as far as where you can get them, with the B&G, i don't have any of the information on them. you can probably get the info from the main page of this website. the hypertech powerprogrammer, you can get from ebay, hypertech: www.hypertech.com , or from any performance shop.

the B&G, from what i've heard, runs about $600, while the hypertech runs about $300.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know how the performance gains to cost are? Is it worth it to do the SW modifications?

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
The B&G PCM flash is now down to $430, and it's by far the best PCM programming for the 01-03 R/T... The only downside is you have to take your computer out of your truck (not difficult at all) and ship it off to Michigan. If you send it overnight they'll send it back overnight so you're only down for about 48 hours.

The advantages of the Hypertech or Superchips modules are that you can just plug them in and upload a revised program, and can even remove it if you want to sell the unit or have the truck smogged/serviced. The downside is these modules aren't as aggressive as the B&G flash nor can they modify options such as shift points.

For information on the B&G flash contact Dave Kaspar at www.bgchrysler.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts