Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pcm is acting up but only on long road trips. Just wondering are there any pcm that are better then the factory one? performance? thanks.:drive:

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
How have you determined it is the PCM? What's it doing?

What engine? There was a Mopar PCM for the 360, should work in a Durango AFAIK.

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well its happen to me like 3 times when i lived in houston, tx it did it to me in the summer time i took it to a dealer and thats what they said..they cleaned it and it stopped untill i got stationed at ft. campbell and i drove it there and it started again..it was running for like 8 hrs straight and it starts jerking and shooting up in the rpms and the throttle gets really sensitive..so i took it to a dealer on the way there and they reset the check engine light and they couldnt get it to act up..and then it was fine untill this past dec when we drove it to tx and it lasted a lot longer then before on road trips but it did the exact same thing so we pulled into a hotel and let it rest. the next morn the light was still on but it wasnt acting up it ran fine, that morn i took it into a dealer and they checked it and the codes that it spit out was the tcm and all injectors..reset it and happen again but on the way home i just drove it like that stopping at night for it to rest and the light was on untill i got back to tn and the light just turned off and hasnt turned on since then...any other ideas?

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i have the codes ill post them up in a min..they're in the glove box and the wife took the dingo to wally world

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok the last time it spit out these codes PO121-TPS, 203, 202, 201, 204, 205, 206, 208 Injectors..

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Replace the TPS. I think it's about $40, common part. Upper of the two electrical connectors on the TB is it.

The injector issue could be a bad ground.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Replace the TPS. I think it's about $40, common part. Upper of the two electrical connectors on the TB is it.

The injector issue could be a bad ground.

Good advice here and will probably solve both your issues. When the tps starts to whack out on these it sends a weird voltage spike down the tps signal wire that you can really only catch if you are looking at it with a lab scope. When the spike occurs the pcm thinks the truck needs more fuel so it starts to fire the injectors when they don't need to be. I'm really surprised that the dealer didn't catch this as it is kind of common...at least where I live.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts