Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
JDKSXT03
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finishing up a motor swap on my 2003 Dakota. Went from a 3.9L to a 4.7L. Question is, the Abs light flashes, how do I get it off? Some people say that the PCM will work fine as long as there is a Vin programed in it, others say that if the right Vin isn't programmed in the ABS light will never go off.

So, do I need to have the PCM flashed or reprogrammed or do I need to buy another one? The problem I have is what Vin do I tell them to program in? Do I say to switch the 'X' out of my current Vin and change it to 'N'? Not really sure how this works, I would like to have the ABS light off and the system functional.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Cool any more promblems

Just finishing up a motor swap on my 2003 Dakota. Went from a 3.9L to a 4.7L. Question is, the Abs light flashes, how do I get it off? Some people say that the PCM will work fine as long as there is a Vin programed in it, others say that if the right Vin isn't programmed in the ABS light will never go off.

So, do I need to have the PCM flashed or reprogrammed or do I need to buy another one? The problem I have is what Vin do I tell them to program in? Do I say to switch the 'X' out of my current Vin and change it to 'N'? Not really sure how this works, I would like to have the ABS light off and the system functional.
Thanks guys.
Did you get any promblems other then that when you did the conversion I'am thinking about a 360 swap from 2000 dak I was going to a late hemi but forget for now.

Aloha fireahi

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
If the ABS light is flashing then it's not a problem with the VIN being loaded into the PCM. The PCM isn't seeing something within the ABS system that it wants to see. And the ABS system comprises of more than just your brakes and speed sensors. It also looks at the transmission as far as what gear you are in, engine RPM, and a few other inputs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts