Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Will Race For Food
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I own a 99 Dodge Dakota with a 5.2 . I want to build a 360 stroker motor and turn it to a 412 cu. inch. I have the motor and connections to the kit online. Has anyone done this and did you have problems tuning the truck on the PCM or what mods had to happen. Did the stock 5.2 wiring harness work on the 5.7 . I would like any info if you have or suggestions you would like to make. My goal is to get the truck in the 12's.undefined :confused:

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
The 360 is a 5.9l engine and if you take it out to 412 then it will be about 6.7l. The engine harness between the 5.2 and the 5.9 is just about identical. I would run a custom flash on a stroker motor. contact B&G chrysler.

·
Will Race For Food
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stroker

Hey thanks for the reply, looking in that direction :clap2:

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
For a stroked 360 it is recommended that you dont go over .030 on boring it for reliability sake. The most popular stroked 360 is 408 c.i. As stated before contact B&G Chrysler or if you can afford it go with a stand alone system like the Accel DFI or FAST systems.

·
Registered
425 Posts
yeah you defienetely dont wanna punch 412 c.i. out of a factory 360 block. Contact KRC performance and look at the R3 race blocks. They can be bored and stroked to around 445c.i. i believe

·
Will Race For Food
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Alot Guys

Thanks for the imput, that helps out alot. :clap2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts