Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
JDKSXT03
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about done with my engine swap on my 2003 Dakota. I had a 3.9v6 and I got a 4.7 from a guy on craigslist for $150. I rebuilt the motor, new timing chains, tensioners, guides, and sprockets. New rod and crank bearings piston rings and so forth. I have everything working but the 4x4. I have a new PCM from the same truck that the wiring harnesses came out of, no codes, just the ABS Light is flashing.
From what I have heard/read and researched, the TCCM will read the speed sensor in order to complete the shift from 2wd to 4wd. With the abs light flashing, its not doing that.
Now, my question is, do I need to have the PCM reprogrammed or flashed or what? I know that because the Vin# from the PCM no longer matches the truck it automatically throws the ABS light on. So what do I need to do? I know HemiDak and other have switched computers and harnesses to complete their builds, any help is greatly appreciated.
I am sort of confused on the flashing idea, the dealership says they can't do it because they would need the vin from the truck the PCM came out of so the PCM would function right, which I do not have. Anyways, let me know! thanks guys.

·
JDKSXT03
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am also wondering if i can just have the ABS system cleared of codes and if it will work? or will it still keep coming up because the Vin does not match?

·
Jay
11,490 Posts
it will keep coming up since the vin is not flashed into the PCM.

·
Registered
35 Posts
"I rebuilt the motor, new timing chains, tensioners, guides, and sprockets. New rod and crank bearings piston rings and so forth"

about how much did all that cost?

·
JDKSXT03
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
about a grand. I did the work myself so obviously I didnt charge labor to myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts