Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an engine light on the way home tonight. All I can deduce is that it might be from the PCM, since it's showing the engine light. A search brought up nothing, my FSM does not show that code.

It's an 01 QC 4x4 with the 4.7/auto AWD

Anyone know?

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I did, it's not on there...

I did find a reference to that code on a Mazda site via a google search. It refers to the No. 2 02 sensor.

"h02S Heatr (LF) Circuit low on 2 02 sensor heater"

This was found on a Z28 forums.

"DTC P0051 HO2S Heater Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 1"

And this came from a Tuner site

"DTC P0051 HO2S Heater Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 1"

Seems to all be similar...

·
Getting Old
5,037 Posts
So what does it have to deal with? and theres a reason that u cant believe EVERYTHING u read online, just for the fact that anyone can get on somewhere and make some crap up, or try to write something in their own words, and completely screw something up. At least u did what i always do, and looked in more than one place. I was trying to find the list on here but couldnt and looked on Dakusa, couldnt find it. its like im brain dead tonight or something. I wish they would make a list of codes and keep it for more than a four year period, DOUSCH BAGS :cussing:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Code P0051

From the 2001 Dakota Powertrain Diagnostics Procedures Manual: Code P0051-O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Low 2/1. Most common cause is a bad O2 Sensor.
There are four Diagnostic Manuals available from Techauthority.com. They are Powertrain, Chassis, Transmission and Body. They are relatively inexpensive and contain a lot of useful info for those that work on their own vehicles. These are official DC manuals and Techauthority also sells Owners and Service Manuals.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How did you find that? I have Tech Authority's Factory Service Manual, and it didn't have anything for this code.

For some reason, the engine light turned off today.

I recall learning at some point that if an error does not repeat itself for three cycles of the key, it can go away. I think that may have happened, or something similar.

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
DownBoi said:
wheres YellowKota2k at when u need him, he knows like all the codes :jester:
Like said above, a bad O2 sensor is probably the problem. Make sure it stays on the dash constantly for a little while before re-checking and then replacing it. For easy future reference, you can download a database of the codes I have made and save it to your computer.

http://dakotausa.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=28368

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.