Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dakota is gone I'm not
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is a problem I gotta fix once it warms up but here's the deal.

My drivers side window will raise and lower but the switches on both doors will not work the locks nor the passenger side window.

So I'm guessing possibly a fuse since one window still works but I'm open to other theories Thanks again!

·
The Anti-RUB
1,752 Posts
When you open your door, does the overhead dome light turn on? What about the instrument cluster when you turn the truck on? If they all work normally, then it's most likely a fuse. If it does not, then its the CTM which controls the head lights, dome light, instrument cluster, power door locks etc. See my thread on a similar issue with my 'D.

·
Dakota is gone I'm not
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dome light works along with the instrument cluster all of that works just the window and locks are not working if that is a fuse where is the fuse located?

·
The Anti-RUB
1,752 Posts
The fuse is either under the hood, just behind the battery (if your facing the front of the truck) on the main fuse block or in the fuse block just behind a panel on the left side of the dash just inside the drivers door. Both are described in the owners manual. Sorry i don't know the exact one off hand. Might be a good idea to check them all while your at it.

Good luck...

·
Dakota is gone I'm not
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay well I'm off tomorrow and I plan on washing the salt and crap off the truck so I'll take a peak under the hood then because I looked in the dash panel once before and did not find anything

·
Dakota is gone I'm not
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I did a rough look through my fuses and all of them seem to be in working order none of them are blown I'm going to search through the forum and my manual to try and find it. I thought I read somewhere that there was a couple fuses behind the door panel. I could be wrong.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,752 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that there was a couple fuses behind the door panel. I could be wrong.
Yes, you read it in this thread a couple posts up. Its not in the door panel though, its in the dash. You can only get to it with the drivers door wide open. Its all outlined in your owners manual.

·
Dakota is gone I'm not
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I guess I'll pull every fuse tomorrow then and test them because I looked on the drivers side panel and I never saw anything on the diagram about the windows

1 - 8 of 8 Posts