Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Chillin The Most
29,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a school today (community college) at a off campus class and the village ticketed me for parking longer then 2 hours. On the ticket he marked it down that I was there 24 hours? I was only there for 2 1/2 maybe. I wanted to know if I could get it dismissed because I have a clean driving record and have only had one ticket for no seatbelt when I got pulled over when my mom was dring lol.
Thanks guys

·
Resleeves rnaz's borings
9,536 Posts
Id give the metermaid a scarlett letter of sorts... on their metermaid vehicle.
Also some pepper spray and tazer for good measure...lol.

·
Outlaws Phone Warden
12,864 Posts
Talked to zach and first off around here, a parking ticket is usually $75-100 and he got it in a town that's notorious for screwin you over if you fight it.....damn chicago politics......

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Do parking tickets even go on your driving record? Doesn't really matter - if the ticket is wrong, then fight it....

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
your driving record won't effect a parking ticket, they are not a moving violation. However, they will have a record fo the ticket most likely by plate number. That said, there really is nothing to fight, you can go before a referee as how these normally work, if you weren't parked for more than 2.5 hrs and can proof it, the burden of proof claiming 24hrs is on them to prove. But I see from other comments that your in an area where you most likely to get screwed over so it may not be worth it to fight int.

·
Feather Edged.
659 Posts
I was a school today (community college) at a off campus class and the village ticketed me for parking longer then 2 hours. On the ticket he marked it down that I was there 24 hours? I was only there for 2 1/2 maybe. I wanted to know if I could get it dismissed because I have a clean driving record and have only had one ticket for no seatbelt when I got pulled over when my mom was dring lol.
Thanks guys
Here's some parking ticket advice - pay the fucking ticket for the offense your guilty of and learn to obey the rules and you won't get anymore parking tickets!

If you can't afford to pay the ticket I'm sure one of these unemployed stay at home moms, I mean dads, could get their bread winning wives to spot you the 50.

·
Feather Edged.
659 Posts
Fight that shit!!! If they burned you..they probably have burned others. That scum bag will continue writing bogus tickets until someone takes action against them.
That was fucking brilliant. Yeah - fight 'the man!' - Nevermind the guy was just doing his JOB!

Grow up.

·
Feather Edged.
659 Posts
Id give the metermaid a scarlett letter of sorts... on their metermaid vehicle.
Also some pepper spray and tazer for good measure...lol.
More solid, game winning advice. Wow.

Dropped on your head much?

You would do what you just suggested he should do huh? Sure you would.

DON'T TAZE ME BRO!

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
You can fight it. Up here, before you go to court, they'll knock it down 50%. Is that worth the several hours you may wait to talk to the guy? Only to then say FU to him and go to court for more hours?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
What can they do if you cant pay your ticket? My college boots anyone 300 or over in fines, so if you have less then 300 bucks in parking tickets you can park no prob, us student have no $$$ to spend on tickets because some dumb college, civil engineer or architect underdesigned parking.

I'd like them fit a boot on my truck..hahah! suckers....

·
"][" {[]} {[]} ][_ 
17,338 Posts
It was the campus cops?

Here it was nothing when you got one, just pay it less hassle that way. There are no points on your license or anything like that. Our cops here could write speeding tickets too again no points just pay it it was like 50 or so.

·
Outlaws Phone Warden
12,864 Posts
Not campus police...was at an off campus thing, parked in a 2 hr zone for 2.5 hrs.....city cop wrote him up....

·
Chillin The Most
29,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not campus police...was at an off campus thing, parked in a 2 hr zone for 2.5 hrs.....city cop wrote him up....
Yea my college offers classes off campus at a different building they have and i was parked of the village of blue islands street and a blue island cop wrote the ticket

·
Outlaws Phone Warden
12,864 Posts
Yea my college offers classes off campus at a different building they have and i was parked of the village of blue islands street and a blue island cop wrote the ticket
Hehe yep...I put 2 and 2 togeter to figure out what you were talking about...in your txt you said blue island, and on here you mentioned school.....which isn't in blue island....to my knowledge.......so I figured that was what was up....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts